~ 014

couple days later...

"I'm exhausted as hell." Heaven mumbled.

"You and me both. Lai had me up all night watching Spongebob." Solana added, walking behind Heaven into the hospital, while Solai slept in her arms. "Now she wanna sleep all day."

"I'm so glad she finally said her first words. Not to mention that her first word was calling you mommy." Heaven smiled softly. "It's like she sealed the night off or something."

"It definitely made my day. Even though we barely heard her, I'm glad that we caught it. I just can't wait until I can permanently be her forever mommy y'know?" Solana replied, stepping off the elevator along with Heaven.

"It'll happen sooner than you think boo." Heaven nodded.

"Oh I forgot to tell you that papa texted me asking me to buy 2k. I didn't know if y'all told him no, so I told him that I'd see about it." Solana said, bringing up the messages with her and Daloni.

"Oh he did now? Papa is on punishment because he couldn't turn his homework in. He had the nerve to tell his teacher that Bullet ate it." Heaven frowned.

Solana burst out in giggles at the common excuse. "No he didn't use the line that kids use in the movies. Papa know better. How in the world did he think that his teacher would fall for that?"

"That's papa. He be trying to be so slick, so no he can't get the new game." Heaven shrugged, sitting down at her normal desk.

Solana leaned on the desk, looking down at Solai watching as she peacefully slept with a pout on her face.
"I guess I'll be doing hair from the house until everything is legalized. I have enough money saved to stop for a while, but I don't want to. Doing hair is my passion."

"Then don't stop babe. Like you mentioned, you can do hair from your place until everything is finalized. You know your clients will understand." Heaven replied. "Speaking of, Zuri want a silk press. I need you to explain to her why getting one right now is useless."

Solana chuckled. "Now Zuri know that silk press won't last a day in her head. Plus she don't need any more heat in her head for a while. Her ends have a little heat damage." She stated.

"I tried to explain that to her. Kids don't believe that the sky is blue though." Heaven shrugged. Zuri always wanted her hair silk pressed for school, but Heaven and Solana had to remind her that heat wasn't good for her hair.

"Well I'm about to go take baby Lai up for her weighing. I'll come back and see you before we leave." Solana stated, readjusting Solai to the other side of her hip.

"Hey Heav, you know a girl named Payton or Paisley?" The same colleague, Jennifer, from the other night asked. It had been a couple days, and she had just remembered about the janitor who was asking for Heaven.

"No, why?" Heaven frowned.

"Well she was asking for you last weekend. I didn't even know she worked here, and she looked pretty young. Anyways she told me to tell you that she was ready, whatever that meant." Jennifer shrugged, sitting down next to Heaven.

Heaven frowned trying to think of a Payton or Paisley. "I don't know a—Wait you talking about Paisyn?" She asked Jennifer.

"Yeah. I knew her name started with a P, and it was close to Paisley or something. She was acting weird as hell, asking for your number. I know how you get about you and your family's safety so I told her no." Jeniffer replied.

Heaven rolled her eyes. "Damn. Have you seen her today? Did she leave me any type of number or address so that I can contact her?" She asked trying to stay positive, but also knowing the negative situation Paisyn was in.