~ 015

excuse mistakes...

"Mommy you okay?" Nevaeh asked walking into the master bedroom.

Heaven looked up from her MacBook, sniffling, with a small smile on her face. "Yeah baby, what's wrong?" She replied, closing the laptop and putting in on her nightstand. Nevaeh shrugged her shoulders, walking over and laying down next to her mom.

"Just was worried about you." Nevaeh mumbled. "And I already laid out all of our school clothes for tomorrow. Me and Zuri are wearing our skirt uniform and papa and Loni are wearing their pants uniform."

Heaven smiled, holding her arms out for Nevaeh. Nevaeh happily crawled into her mom's embrace, sighing. "Baby I'm so proud of you. You're an amazing big sister."

"I have to step up whenever you're sad or need to clear your head." Nevaeh shrugged.

Heaven lowly sighed before speaking again. "Dooda I don't want you to ever feel like your siblings are your responsibility. I appreciate you for helping out, but remember that you're still a child yourself so don't think that you're not entitled to not be one. You hear me?"

"Yeah mama I know, but I just like helping out." Nevaeh nodded.

Heaven chuckled, shaking her head. "Are you going to help Solana out with baby Lai?" She asked, rubbing her hands through Nevaeh's scalp.

Nevaeh chewed on the inside of her cheek, nodding her head. "Mama it just—it all happened so fast. I never meant to be disrespectful or to act that way with SoSo, but I was just so angry and my feelings were hurt. I didn't know how else to respond. SoSo's been my bestfriend for a long time, and I just never expected for her to have a baby so quickly." She expressed.

Heaven listened to everything her daughter was saying. so glad that Nevaeh was finally expressing how she really felt. "I know baby. You're entitled to your emotions and to feel however you want to feel, but your reaction was very mean. You have to work on expressing yourself more in a better tone and way. Solana is growing into a young woman, and she's starting her own little family. We will forever be her family. Understand?"

"Yes ma'am." Nevaeh nodded.

"You will apologize to her, and you should express how you feel about everything just like you just did to me." Heaven stated.

"Yes ma'am. Can I sleep in here with you?" Nevaeh replied, feeling her eyes get heavy.

"Yeah." Heaven chuckled. She looked at the doorknob twisting on her door, pouting seeing Zuri crying. "Come here mama, what's wrong?"

"I want you." Zuri sniffled. Nevaeh scooted over to Zylin's side of the bed, allowing for Zuri to be closer to Heaven. Zylin had fell asleep in his man cave, so Heaven and the girls had the bed to themselves.

"I'm right here mama. Did you have a bad dream?" Heaven asked, rubbing Zuri's back as she crawled into her lap facing her. Zuri shook her head, laying her head on Heaven's chest.

"I just wanted you." Zuri sniffled. "Kiss?" She asked, tilting her head. Heaven chuckled, pecking her daughter's lips, before starting to rub small circles on her back.

"I love y'all." Heaven whispered softly, as the room went quiet.

"I love you too mama." Nevaeh replied, snuggling up into Heaven's side.

"I love you mommy." Zuri yawned, putting her hand in Heaven's scalp soothing herself to sleep.

~

Solana groaned, feeling Solai stir and whine in her sleep. Her first instinct was to wrap her arms around her as she slept on her chest. It was their usual sleeping position being that Solai didn't want to sleep anywhere unless it was on top of Solana.