thirty three

"Solana you have a visitor."

Solana slightly smiled, and finished the ends of her braids. She found that she liked braiding her hair into fishtails, so she would usually braid them and take down.

"Can I get a twisty?" She asked the nurse, so that she could put her braids into one ponytail.

"No unfortunately."

Solana rolled her eyes and grabbed her journal that Heaven had bought her. Writing down her thoughts and how she was feeling helped her get through bad days. She just hated having to write with someone in the room.

Solana was still a high risk patient, so she wasn't allowed to be around any sharp objects such as pens by herself.

She followed the nurse to the private visitation room and saw Heaven sitting down at the table, while the kids ran around the room chasing each other.

"Hi boo, how are you?" Heaven smiled.

Solana took a seat across from her and opened her journal. "I think I'm doing better, see I write when I'm sad or angry. I'm almost out of paper." She chuckled at the last part.

"I'm glad that you found a coping mechanism. I love the braids, did you do them?"

"Yeah, I still need more practice but I figured that I'd teach myself how to do hair until I get out of here." Solana nodded.

"So could you see yourself doing hair in the future?" Heaven asked, admiring the neatness of the braids.

"I'm not sure, I'm not that good." Solana chuckled.

"Girl those look good as hell. Plus we can get you in a cosmetology school and they can teach you everything you need to know." Heaven replied.

"Yeah maybe." Solana mumbled.

"What's wrong?" Heaven frowned, noticing the mood change.

"I'm scared to be around people, how am I gonna be able to do people's hair? They'll think I'm a idiot." Solana sighed.

"No they won't. Besides, you can practice on me and Nevaeh and even one of my friends, until you think you're ready. There's no rush Solana." Heaven responded.

"Stop it papa..Mama!" Nevaeh shouted

Daloni was laughing while he sat on Nevaeh's chest, hitting her in the forehead. Nevaeh had tripped him up first, so he was getting revenge.

"Papa, go to timeout!" Heaven yelled, pointing to a corner, with a stern look on her face.

"I sorry." Daloni shook his head, getting off of Nevaeh now trying to help her up so he wouldn't be in trouble.

"Nope, timeout until we leave." Heaven said, pointing to the corner.

"Ha hit first." Daloni whined, jumping up and down.

"You hit him first Vae?" Heaven asked.

"I tripped him, bu—Aht both of y'all go to a corner." Heaven cut Nevaeh off, already knowing that the little girl was about to have an excuse.

Daloni stomped to a corner, with his arms across his chest huffing and puffing. Nevaeh skipped to the corner, without a care in the world.

"They're so adorable." Solana chuckled, watching the two kids stick their tongues out at each other.

"Girl they is bad as hell. They'll antagonize each other and then get mad when one of them get serious. Five minutes later they gone be wanting to play together again." Heaven shook her head.