five

Still trappin by Lil Durk was the first thing that Heaven heard when she circled around the block of the address that Jayda had sent her for the barbecue. There was a good amount of people on the streets just walking around vibing.

Heaven found a parking spot in an empty lot and hoped that her car would be there when she got back. She texted Jayda to come get her so that she wouldn't walk in by herself.

Even though she was a stripper, sometimes she still got nervous in front of people that she didn't know. While she had met Jayda's parents and immediate family, she had never met her godbrother.

Jayda knocked on Heaven's window with a red cup in one of her hands. She was already tipsy. "Girl you look good, why you said you had nothing to wear?" She chuckled.

"Becausee I just didn't know what to wear." Heaven giggled. Everytime Heaven went somewhere she always whined that she had nothing to wear. In reality she had two closets full of clothes, shoes, hats, purses, and accessories.

"Ok miss dramatic." Jayda laughed. She grabbed Heaven's hand and walked them back to the actual house that the party was at. Her godbrother had rented a big airbnb because he did not want everyone at his home.

"Mama look who I got to come." Jayda smirked, nudging Heaven. Jayda's mom turned around and when she saw Heaven she quickly pulled her into a hug. Jayda's mom was a short and chubby woman who had long gray hair.

"I am mad at you. Why haven't you came and gotten a plate on Sundays?" The older woman asked. Every Sunday Mrs. Charlotte would make a dinner for Jayda and Heaven because she knew they were always busy with work.

"I'm sorry, I've been so exhausted and drained. I promise I'm coming next Sunday." Heaven pouted. Lola could throw down in the kitchen, she's the reason Jayda has a big butt.

"Mhm. Make sure you eat, it's plenty." Lola said, turning back around to get back into her conversation.

Jayda took Heaven out back to where all of the adults their age were. It was mostly her cousins and kids she grew up with laughing, eating, or playing cards.

"Hey y'all. This is my good friend Heaven. Heaven these are some of the heathens I call family." Jayda introduced. She was not about to go around and say everybody's name. It would take too long.

Everyone gave Heaven a warm greeting, some even stood up to introduce themselves with a hug. She immediately felt comfortable. Jayda's family was always so welcoming and wholesome.

"Where's Zy?" Jayda asked, referring to her godbrother. She really wanted her brother and friend to meet. She would definitely ship them together. It was just a matter of time.

"Vaeh fell so he went to get her knee cleaned up." Cadence, Jayda's cousin shrugged. Cadence wasn't blood to Jayda but they were best friends. They had been knowing each other since walking stages being that their mothers were best friends.

"You hungry?" Jayda asked Heaven.

"Very."

They both walked back into the airbnb and into the kitchen where there was pans of food on every single counter. Charlotte never let anyone cook for the family functions unless it was her. Nobody complained though.

"Stop running before you fall again!" A deep and loud voice yelled, making Heaven's stomach instantly feel with butterflies. Jayda smirked now happy that her godbrother was here.

Jayda had left for a moment to bring Zy into the kitchen, while Heaven continued fixing her plate. She hadn't had a good soul food meal in a while so she loaded up on plantains, rice, and shrimps. After deciding on a water for the time being she found her a spot in the corner to eat peacefully.