Chapter 55

Continues from previous chapter...

Davina's pov

"Kylan finish your food please" I say looking at me son as he sits at the table just staring at his lunch which is spaghetti hoops on toast, he's eaten half of it and is now just sat playing with one of his toy cars. Elvira has long sing finished her lunch and is just sat with a drink of juice, she can't leave the table until Kylan has finished his food as it's a rule that nobody leaves the table until everyone has finished eating.

"I want to play mommy" Kylan replies looking at me "you can play once you've eaten, come on just a few more bites" I say placing a hand on Rosie's back who is strapped to my chest in a baby sling, she's currently wide awake.

"Mommy when will daddy be back?" Elvira asked "hopefully soon sweetie" I answer as I turn to finish washing and drying the dishes when I suddenly hear the front door open and close. Elvira looks to me with wide eyes and a big smile as she turns her head and I just laugh at her as she starts bouncing in her chair as Kol appears in the doorway.

"Daddy!" she exclaims jumping off the chair and running to him "hey princess" he says as he picks her up and sets her on his hip "I missed you" she says wrapping her arms around his neck as she hugs him and he smiles, rubbing her back "I wasn't gone for long princess" Kol says as she pulls back "I know but I still missed you" she replies making me just smile at the two of them.

Kol sets her back down and she returns to her seat "hey buddy what are you doing?" he asks walking over to Kylan "playing" he answers looking up at him with a sauce stained face "he's suppose to be finishing his lunch" I say giving him a look making him set down his toy car and he grabs his knife and fork and scoops up a handful of spaghetti hoops on his fork and shoves them in his mouth before flashing me a big cheeky grin making Kol laugh and ruffle up his hair before he makes his way over to me.

I smile as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him "hey" I say as I give him a light kiss on the lips "hey darling" he replies kissing my cheek making my cheek feel warm "you're back so soon. Where's Hayley and Freya?" I ask "they're not far behind me" he replies "how'd it go with your brother?" I ask "as I expected, he didn't react well to the news of Hayley's pregnancy and Freya. He was so indenial that he accused me of fabricating this lie about her carrying his child and then he went on to accuse me of sleeping with Hayley making the child mine and trying to pass the child off as his which is crazy because I wouldn't dare as I have you" he explains and I see the anger in his eyes as he explains what Klaus accused him of.

"That is crazy, I'm sorry things didn't work out better" I respond making him sigh "it's fine, it doesn't affect me in anyway and his reaction certainly convinced me he's not to be trusted around you or the kids" he replies before looking to Rosie who suddenly cooed and twisted her head to look at him making me smile.

"Hello sweetheart" he coos and she coos back making my heart melt so I gently unwrap the baby sling from around her while keeping a hold of her before passing her to him and he cradles her against his chest. She coos up at him flashing him a sweet smile making him smile as he sits down at the table with her.

I hear the front door open and close indicating Freya and Hayley are back "mommy I'm done" Kylan says holding up his empty plate "good boy" I praise and he smiles as he jumps off his chair and walks over to me, handing me the plate "thank you" I say as I place the plate in the sink before grabbing a wet wipe.

I knee  down in front of him and gently wipe his face "okay now you may play" I say as I finish wiping his face making him grin "you can go play too El" I say standing up as I look to Elvira who jumps off her chair and runs out the kitchen behind Kylan, almost bumping into Freya and Hayley as they walk in.