Chapter 4

Here's another chapter, I hope you're liking the story so far. Things will start heating up just in case any of you were wondering.

Skip forward a day to Monday....

Davina's pov

It is Monday and I'm on my way to work. I wasn't suppose to work Monday's but Anita called and said she needed an extra hand as she had a load of new books being delivered and needed help unpacking them. Now it's my second day of working at the book store and I'm actually liking it. On my first day I had served 8 customers and sold 13 books without any fuss or any troubles which Anita said was good for my first day. Now yesterday was my day off so after I walked Fen, I stayed in and trained nearly all day and then I relaxed in my Jacuzzi for a bit, letting the warm water and the jets sooth my aching muscles. I of course took Fen for his evening walk and I crossed paths with Kol, we didn't talk though we only made eye contact as I walked past him despite the urge I was having to just walk over to him and talk to him but I refrained myself from doing anything.

.

.

I arrive at the book store and walk straight in, removing my jacket and hanging it up in coat closet in the back room. "Good morning Davina, you look lovely today" Anita greets me as she walks hands me a cup of tea. "Good morning to you too Anita and thank you" I reply as I take a sip of my tea before heading into the main part of the store where all the books are. Today I'm wearing a white floral cardigan with a navy blue v neck top which shows my chest area a bit, I was also wearing a grey high waisted skirt with a brown belt and I had tucked my top into the skirt, I was also wearing a pair of black tights and black high heeled boots. As for my hair instead of having it up in a pony tail, I had it half up, half down with a braid round the back of my head.

(Davina's outfit and hairstyle)

I set my cup of tea down on the counter and started setting up the till for the day

I set my cup of tea down on the counter and started setting up the till for the day. Just as I got the till running the bell chimed and a middle aged man walked in. He started walking down the aisles scanning through the bookshelves, muttering things to himself and cursing when he couldn't find what he was looking for. I take a deep breath before making my way over to him "excuse me can I help you?" I ask politely "no you cannot so fuck off and leave me alone" he spat causing me to raise an eyebrow in response at his tone. "Now there's no need to speak to anyone in that manner much less someone who is trying to help you" I retort placing my hands on my hips, I don't take crap from anyone. He turns and glares at me "I didn't ask for your help so fuck off!" he spat "sir if you carry on talking to me in that atrocious tone, then I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" I say trying to keep myself from pummeling him into the ground. He rolls his eyes and walks off so I just leave him to it but I keep a close eye on him. I walk back to the till and take another sip of my tea.

.

3 minutes later..

I scowl and start making my way over to the rude man who is now startling to throw books off the shelves. "Excuse me sir, please stop doing that" I say kneeling down and picking up the books. "Where is it!?" he asks completely ignoring me as he keeps tossing books off the shelves. "Maybe if you tell me what you were looking for, I could help you" I say standing up with my arms full of books. I start placing them back in their places on the shelves "I told you I don't need help!" he spat "if you didn't need help then why are you tossing books off the shelves and cursing to yourself?" I retort he glares at me "listen missy just stay out of it. I can find what I need myself!" he spat jabbing my shoulder with his finger causing a spark of anger to rush through me and I clench my fists as I feel them heat up. "I think it's time for you to leave" I say "no, I'm not leaving until I find what I'm looking for" he retorts turning back to the shelves and tossing more books off the shelves, one of which he tosses at me pissing me right off. "Okay that's it. You definitely need to leave" I say roughly grabbing him by the arm and twisting it behind his back as I start dragging him to the door. I open the door and toss him out the store, causing him to land on his ass. I smirk at him and wipe my hands "don't come back here" I say before shutting the door and walking back to the till as Anita emerges. "What was all the commotion about?" she asks "there was a really rude and aggressive customer cursing and tossing books about trying to find a book he's after. I made him leave after he threw a book at me" I explain "did he have grayish, brown hair and grey eyes and did he happen to wreak of alcohol?" she asks "uh yes he did" I respond she sighs "that's my sisters ex husband Colin, he's the town drunk. He's always disruptive everywhere he goes and he's very violent. He comes in here all the time and starts throwing books around. I usually end up having to call the cops because he refuses to leave" she responds "well I made him leave by force" I respond she looks stunned at my words. "Really? How did you manage that? Colin weighs a town and he always lashes out at whoever tries to remove him?" she asks "I took martial arts and I work out" I respond "well good for you. Maybe he won't come back again" she replies "I doubt he would, I told him not too and he looked pretty scared that I was able to throw him so easily out the door so he won't be coming back anytime soon" I respond she flashes me a smile before heading into the back room.