Chapter 37 part 3

Okay, here's the third part of chapter 37 and it will be the last part. I hope you like it.

Kol's pov

After me and Davina walked away from Klaus, we decided to leave the ball room and went up the stairs and headed out on the balcony. "Are you feeling aright Kol?" Davina asks as I shut the balcony doors "I've honestly never felt better. I was a nervous wreck at the start but I'm gradually feeling better about this" I respond as I gently grab her by the waist and pull her to me. "I have a feeling your mother and siblings don't like me"  she says "that's probably because they're so up their own arse and can't or won't accept the fact I have a life of my own now. The only reason they won't like you is because you helped set me free, you did the one thing they never did. You stood by me and never left me behind or let me down and most important of all you love me" I respond stroking her cheek as we begin slow dancing on the balcony as we can hear the music playing from inside. She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck "I'm kind of glad we came here tonight. It's a lovely night and it's the perfect excuse for us to spent a few minutes alone" she says "I'm glad too" I respond pressing my forehead against hers. Davina's breathing suddenly hitches making me frown "what's wrong? Is it the baby?" I ask concerned "no the baby's fine. Something's wrong. My sister she's angry, very angry" she says "angry as in?" I ask "angry as in she's about to go full on Goddess of Death" she replies making my eyes widen "let's go find her" I respond pulling away from her and taking her hand in mine. We leave the balcony and head downstairs. We look around for Hela but can't see her so we go over to her brothers. "Where's Hela?" Davina asks "we don't know. We're trying to find her, we can feel her anger radiating everywhere. She's bloody pissed" Jormungdr replies just then a clink is heard throughout the room and we all look up to see Esther stood on the balcony of the stairs. "Hello, may I have your attention?" she says as she taps her champagne glass with a spoon, I see waiters going round handing people a glass of champagne. "I do hope you are enjoying your evening and I hope you enjoyed my sons little performance earlier. He was always one to entertain people but I never knew he could sing so well" Esther says giving me a cold stare "there's a lot you don't know about me mother" I speak up giving her a glare. She fakes a smile "so it seems. Anyhow I would like to make a toast to my children and my daughter in law" she says I instinctively pull Davina into my side, wrapping my arms around her. "For the years to come. I hope we will make some wonderful memories as a happy family. I am sorry for any wrong doing I did to you but that's all in the past and we are here to focus on the future. On our future" Esther says raising her champagne glass as a waiter comes up to me "champagne for you and your wife directly from your mother" he says making me scoff "are you mad? She can't drink she's pregnant" I say he opens his mouth to respond but I cut him off "I don't want any either. I don't drink so I can support my wife" I respond "your mother insists you and your wife have at least one glass" he replies "I don't care. Me and my wife aren't going to be drinking tonight, so bugger off and tell my mother she can kiss my arse and go rot in hell" I say sternly he nods "of course. Sorry sir. Enjoy the rest of your night" he says before scurrying off "why would your mother even offer a pregnant woman champagne in the first place? Your mother isn't stupid, she knows alcohol isn't good for an expectant mother" Sleipnir questions "I don't know but I'm sure I will find out and I have a feeling that I won't like it" I respond "I'd like to say something mother before you finish your speech" Elijah suddenly says stopping mother's speech. "Why of course Elijah" she replies "we thank you all for coming here tonight. I know my mother has already said this but I think it's better fitting if it comes from us too as we are your hosts. Mystic Falls was once long ago our home but we have now returned and I do hope our stay will be permanent so we can truly start over with not just our family but the community is well along with new members of the family" Elijah says glancing at me and Davina "I do believe my family never congratulated my brother and his wife regarding the child they're having together. We are terribly sorry for the delayed response but we are happy for you, well most of us are" Elijah says. "A new baby is a wonderful thing. The arrival of any baby can bring joy to any family as well as hope which is something my family needs. I hope this baby will bring us closer and allow us to get to know the woman you chose to be your wife" Elijah continues as nice as it is for him to try and extend an olive branch to me, I don't like the fact he's trying to use my unborn child as a way to get my forgiveness and as a way to convince me to let them into my life. I don't trust them, I spent a thousand years dealing with their betrayal and their mistreatment of me and just because I have a child on the way, they suddenly want to be besties with me. They can't pick and choose. I have to put my wife and children's feelings and safety first before my siblings.