Chapter 40

Here's another chapter for you to read and enjoy. I hope you like it.

The next day...

Kol's pov

Me and Davina lounging outside in the back yard of the house along with her siblings who were being quiet for once. The twins were at preschool and are due to be picked up in about an hour. We've somewhat been relaxing all day since we know tonight will be a pain in the ass. The reason why is because tonight is the night Esther will try to kill me and my siblings but what she doesn't know is, she's going to be meeting her demise tonight by my hands for everything she did to me as a child and for trying and even thinking about poisoning my wife and unborn child. Nobody harms my wife and children and gets away with it, even if they are my own blood etc my siblings. I may have changed and become a better person but that won't change me from killing anybody that is a threat to my family. I'll do anything and kill anyone to protect Davina and my children, they are my life and I just can't bare the thought of losing them or living without them.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts when Davina's phone rings and she answers it. She's silent for a moment as the person on the other end of the phone speaks "what do you mean their grandmother came to pick them up?" she asks sitting up straight making me and her siblings also sit up straight "their grandmother came to pick them up. She said she was picking them up for you and your husband" I hear a woman say on the other end "there must be some kind of mistake. Their grandmother isn't even in the country" Davina replies shaking her head looking visibly worried and upset so I take the phone from her and hold it to my ear. "Hello, this is her husband Kol. This woman who claimed she's their grandmother? What did she look like?" I ask trying to keep my cool so I don't shout at the woman for letting someone take my children without even ringing to ask or tell me and Davina about it the second the person showed up. "She had blonde hair and blue eyes, quite a curvy woman and very stern looking" she replies making my hands clench and my blood boils "that was their grandmother but they don't have a relationship with her. They don't know her and she is a danger to them" I respond making her gasp "oh my god I'm so sorry. I didn't know" she replies "why didn't me or my wife get a call about it the second she showed up?" I ask as I stand up and head into the house "she said not to ring you because she wanted to surprise you. She said you and your wife were very busy so you probably wouldn't answer" she responds "damn it, she lied and you let her take my kids!" I say raising my voice slightly as I throw my jacket on along with a pair of brown boots. "I'm so sorry, I truly am. I'll call the cops" she responds "no, don't bother. I'll get my kids back, you just get back to work" I respond hanging up before she can say anything else. "I'm going to kill Esther!" I yell as I bolt to the door "wait, I'm coming with you" Davina says making me turn to her "no love, stay here" I respond making her frown "I want to get our babies back safe and sound" she replies "I know love and that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to get our kids back, don't you worry but just stay here where it's safe" I respond stroking her cheek "why can't I help?" she asks "you're pregnant love, I can't have you in the middle of what's going to happen. I can't have anything happen to you and the baby so please don't argue with me and just stay here. I'll be back soon with the twins, I promise" I respond "okay, I'll stay here" she replies I give her a soft kiss on the forehead before heading to the door. "We're coming with you" Fenrir growls as he and Jormungdr make their way over. "Let's kill that bitch and get the twins back" Jormungdr growls making me nod "me and Hela will stay here with Davina" Sleipnir says "I'll meet you soon though. I want to see that bitch die" Hela hisses making me nod "alright, see you later. I'll see you soon Davina with our kids, I promise" I assure her making her nod "go get our babies" she replies "I will" I respond giving her one last kiss on the forehead before leaving the house with Fenrir and Jormungdr.