Chapter 47

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it.

The next day....

Kol's pov

I wake up and reach my arm out expecting to find my wife there but I frown as I find there's nobody there. I open my eyes and see no sign of Davina and there's no sign indicating she had been here. She must've ended up falling asleep with Kylan last night.

I shrug as I sit myself up and stretch my arms and legs, groaning as I feel a click in my back. I've had a terrible kink in my back lately but it's nothing I can't handle and it's not really bothersome. 

I get off the bed and head into the bathroom, striping my boxers off before jumping in the shower and turning the shower head on. I wait for the water to warm up before proceeding to wash my body and hair.

.

.

10 minutes later...

I walk out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist and I walk over to the wardrobe and draws. I grab a clean pair of boxers from the draws and a simple light blue t-shirt and black jeans from the wardrobe. 

I remove the towel and put the boxers on followed by the t-shirt and jeans just as there's a knock at the door. "Come in" I say with a smile half expecting Davina to walk through the door but instead it's Freya making me frown. "Oh good morning" I say "morning brother" she replies "what are you doing up here? Is everything alright?" I ask "yes, everything's fine. Breakfast is ready downstairs" she replies "okay, where's Davina?" I ask "she's just feeding Rosie. The twins woke up early this morning" she responds making me frown "why wasn't I woken up?" I ask "Davina didn't want to disturb you. She wanted to let you sleep in for a bit" she explains "okay well has she had enough sleep?" I ask "she looks like she has. The woman hasn't stopped since the twins woke up" she replies "okay well I'm coming down now" I respond making her nod and she leaves the room.

I grab my phone before leaving the room and I head downstairs. "Bam bam!" I hear Kylan shout before he zooms passed me with Elvira hot on his trails. "Bam bam!" she shouts holding her hands out as if she was holding a gun. "Hey you two" I say making them stop instantly and they turn to look at me. "Morning daddy" they chirp making me chuckle "good morning my little monkey's. What are you two playing?" I ask "cops and robbers" Kylan replies before pointing his pretend gun at me "oh not don't shoot me" I say playfully holding up my hands in surrender making them laugh. "Daddy isn't the target" Elvira says before pointing at Kylan "bam, bam!" she shouts before running off giggling "hey, that aint fair!" Kylan shouts running off after her making me chuckle as I head into the kitchen and smile as I find Davina sat at the counter breastfeeding Rosie. "Good morning" I say making her look up and she smiles "morning honey" she replies as I walk up to her and give her a kiss on the lips. "You didn't come to bed last night" I say making her sigh "I'm sorry, I was gonna I swear, I just fell asleep with Kylan" she replies "it's alright love. I'm not mad but I was startled when I didn't find you next to me this morning. I'm use to finding you there" I respond "I know and I will be there tomorrow morning, I promise honey" she replies giving me a kiss on the cheek making me smile. "So what's with this honey nickname huh?" I ask "what? You don't like it?" she asks "I didn't say that, I'm just curious why you've started calling me honey" I respond "I don't really know myself. It just slipped one day and I've kept saying it" she replies shrugging her shoulders "I like it" I admit causing her to smile. "Good. Now I was thinking maybe we could head out to the French quarter today? I was looking at some pamphlets we got on the way yesterday and there's some interesting stuff on today" she says making me pause "yeah, sure why not? What were you thinking of doing?" I ask "I was gonna suggest something from the pamphlets but I thought why not ask someone who's been here before and knows all the best places? So I'm asking you" she replies "okay well I know there's a lot of good jazz bands in the French quarter but I don't think that's something that will interest the twins" I respond "I read something about a fortune teller. What's your opinion on that?" she asks "it's one big fraud. There are a lot of people like that around there so I wouldn't suggest the fortune teller and I'd also stay clear from any voodoo people because they actually are witches and I don't particularly like the voodoo witches" I respond making her nod. "Okay is there anything we can do? Any sights we can see?" she asks "well I know of this fantastic little bakery but whether or not it's still here I don't know. I mean I haven't been here since 1919. A lot has changed since then" I respond "okay why don't we just go out and see what there is? Maybe something will catch our eyes?" she suggests "okay, I don't see why not" I respond "okay so after I've finished feeding Rosie. I'm gonna get dressed since I haven't had the chance yet and once I'm dressed we'll head out for a bit but come back sometime after lunch time. The twins want to go swimming in the pool" she replies "okay, that sounds like a plan" I respond "great today is all planned" she replies before looking down at Rosie who is still suckling away at her left breast. I smile and lean down, placing a kiss on her forehead making her stir and she grips onto Davina making her giggle. "Easy sweetie daddy aint trying to get a luck in" she says making me chuckle "well come on now, you never know. I might just be standing here in hopes I get a turn" I joke making her giggle "well you can't. This is a babies only zone" she replies motioning to her breasts.  I scoff playfully "I don't think so darling. I had access to those way before our babies came along. That zone is rightfully mine" I respond making her laugh and shake her head. "Well it's currently babies only" she replies making me narrow my eyes playfully "oh we'll see about that" I respond giving her a wink before leaving the kitchen as she laughs.