Trick or Treat | Levi x Reader

Prompt- You go trick or treating with Levi

"This is stupid." Levi grumbled for maybe the fifth time in the past half hour.

He complained and had an irritated look to his face as Hange 'oohed' and 'aah'd' at passing costumes. You hung back near Moblit and Levi, the designated parents so-to-speak.

"Oh come on, you can't me miserable all the time." you teased at him.

"Actually I can." he responded.

You chuckled, seeing through his stoic composure.

"Oh! That one looks loaded!" Hange yelled as Armin and Eren raced behind her to the next house. You followed quickly behind, holding out your pillowcase that was you temporary bucket and speaking with the others when they said 'trick or treat!'.

Once all of you had received your candy you all migrated back to the sidewalk to continue to the next house.

"Aren't you a little old to be trick or treating?" Levi commented.

"Aren't you a little old to be judging me for it?"

"No, in fact I am not."

"Yeah okay grandpa." you chuckled.

"Grandpa? I'm a year older than you. But now that you mention it I am starting to see some gray..." he scanned over your hair and you quickly tried to hide yourself.

"Not funny." you hissed at him as a small smile cracked on his face.

"Y/n! Look!" Sasha called your attention to the passing group on the other side of the street.

A house glamorized with halloween decorations looked like the place to hit the jackpot.

"Let's go!" The group all rushed out, not paying attention to anything other than getting to the door.

"Hey! Careful! Your gonna get hit by a car or something-!" Moblits yelled but it did nothing to slow the crazed group as the rushed across and made it to the other side, thankfully unscathed.

"Damn brats." Levi muttered as he grabbed your hand and walked across, watching both ways unlike the reckless bunch ahead of you.

"I'm not a baby, I can cross the road without you holding my hand." You teased him lightly.

"I know. I just like holding your hand." He said as he squeezed your hand lightly. "Plus, it's cold out so why not."

You had noticed the cold. With November only a day away the weather had significantly dropped and the wind was very harsh at night.

"Fine. You win this round." You said as Levi huffed lightly under his breath in a laugh and continued to walk with your hand in his.

By the time the group had all gotten their candy the poor woman handing it out look exhausted and overwhelmed.

"Are you gonna walk with me to get my candy?"

"No, no i'll just stay back."

"Okay."

Levi released your hand as you walked to the old woman, trying your best to sound polite after the chaos she had just endured.

"Trick or treat!" You said with a smile as she put the candy in your bag. "Thank you!"

When you returned to Levi he held your hand again, quietly pulling you through the truck or treaters and back to your group.

"Y'know we dressed you up and all. It'd be a shame if it went to waste. Why don't we go up to the next one together."

"No. I don't really want to."

"Awwe. Come on Levi, just one?" You have him the puppy dog eyes as he rolled his in response.

"Fine. One."

"Yes!" You whispered in victory.

Moblit continued to scream infront of you, reminding the group of being safe and to have manners. His voice was lost among them though as they continued to be rowdy and disruptive.

"Why do I even bother?" he sighed as he confided to follow them.

The next house you came to was very quaint and simplistic but still halloween spirited with their decorations. As promised Levi let you drag him to the door as he said an unenthusiastic 'trick or treat' at the couple.

"See, that wasn't so bad was it?" You teased him as you walked away.

"Yeah yeah whatever brat." he responded.

The night ended a few hours later in even more chaos. The group decided to dump their haul on a table at the mess hall to have 'negotiations' between trading candy. Others, especially Sasha, sat back and watched, eating their candy happily. You and Levi however checked out way before that and went back to your room together.

"Did you have fun?" He asked when the both of you cleaned up and finally laid in bed.

"Yes. A lot of fun. Thank you for going with me."

"No problem. Just next year let's go on our own instead of with everyone else. I'd be happy to never hear Hange's constant screams over costumes again."

"Yeah but poor Moblit would age decades if we left them to him." Levi groaned and rolled over at your answer.

"So is that a no?" He grumbled.

"We'll see love."

He hummed and pulled you into him.

"Happy Halloween Y/n."

"Happy Halloween."

a/n- HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY DEAR READERS

truly i wrote this last tuesday but i decided to hold off and post it today instead. I hope you all enjoyed and have a scary and safe halloween! <3