Pinkie Promise | Armin x Reader

Prompt- Reader is overworking themself and Armin notices and helps

Due 11:59 PM. That dreadful sentence had been repeated nearly a million times. Due dates and assignments were never ending. When one went away two more popped up. The cycle was endless. 8 Classes with their own agenda and assignments clustered together in your backpack. The walk out of school seemed even harder every time a paper was added. Still, you remained diligent and dead set on completing them no matter the cost. Late nights turned into all nighters and all nighters turned into days without sleep. Armin had noticed the fact that dinners were often filled with you scribbling on paper rather than eating and any spare time was spent sitting on your bed with your papers, a pencil, and calculator.

Finally you stopped showing up to dinner and the only time he saw you was during class. He never got the chance to talk to you because you rushed off after class and hushed him if he tried to talk during class as well.

After failing to get your attention he took things into his own hands, going to your room and knocking until you answered. He, however, wasn't expecting what he saw.

Dark eye bags and pale skin were extremely prominent. Your hair was in disarray and he could detect a faint odor.

A slight gasp left his lips before he quickly recovered and cleared his throat.

"Hey. I haven't seen you in awhile. Is everyone okay?"

"Oh yeah! Sorry i've just been busy. Speaking of which I need to get back to studying... so if you don't mind..." you motioned to behind you and Armin quickly continued to talk.

"I-Ill just take a minute!" he urged.

"Listen, I appreciate but i'm fine- promise. But I really do have math to work on so-"

"Can I come in?" Armin wouldn't leave without a fight, and only god knows when he's get to talk to you again.

"Listen nows not really and go-"

"Listen. I know you aren't doing well. Nobody's seen you outside of class in weeks and just from your appearance I can tell your not doing well." Armin watched your shoulders and mouth sag a little. "Please, let me help you." he lightly pleaded.

You sighed, opening the door and letting him walk past you. He didnt make it far though, stopping almost immediately.

Clothes littered the floor along with a bunch of random odds and ends. He also discovered that the faint odor he had smelled earlier was coming from the room but he still couldn't pinpoint where exactly.

"I-It's really not that bad!" You talked quickly to excuse yourself. "You see I clean once a week and that day is actually tomorrow and so I-"

"Y/n. It's okay. Just calm down." he soothed.

"Right. Sorry."

The only open area in the whole room was the bed where he could see disheveled sheets and blankets piled with notebooks, textbooks, and other school supplies.

"But, we do need to fix this." The blonde watched you lower your head and mumble an 'I know' solemnly. "It's nothing to be ashamed of Y/n. We all need a little help now and then."

"Yeah but I don't want to need help. I want to be able to do it on my own."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Look, we can talk about that later. Is it okay if I call Levi to help? He'll grumble and complain but we won't have to worry about a speck of dust." Armin asked.

"Yeah I guess." You sighed.

Armin nodded before calling the germaphobe and to his expectations he was answered with a 'Fine.' after some complaints and grumbles about 'brats' and their 'inadequacy' and 'disrespect' towards 'cleanliness'. Still, Armin thanked him before grabbing your hand and pulling you out of the room.

"So, heres the plan." He said as he continues to stay you behind him, "We're going to go to my room, get you washed up while i make dinner, and then we'll eat and spend the evening together while Levi works. Okay?"

"Armin you don't have to-"

"Nonsense. Of course I don't. I want to Y/n. I care about you a lot. So there's no need to thank me... though Levi might appreciate." He reassured you, adding the Levi comment onto the end for humor.

As planned Armin got you set up in the bathroom connected to his room, telling you to take your time while he worked on dinner. The shower felt like heaven and no amount of time was long enough but when you started to dead that you had used nearly all the hot water you got out and dried yourself off feeling much more clean and refreshed. As promised Armin had dinner ready by the time you were out and the two of you sat together on his couch eating.

"So Y/n, I wanted to ask what happened- i'd that's okay. I just... I wanna know what cause you to basically shut yourself in. Everyone was worried y'know."

"I'm sorry. It's just that my family values grades and I got a call from my parents because one of my grades has slipped to a B. They were happy and I basically started to study and work nonstop. I just didn't want to fail them y'know? I wanna make them proud and do the best that I can."

"Yeah but at what cost? Sure you could subs the best grades in the world but does that really matter if you haven't eaten in a few days? Does it matter if you haven't slept? Yeah grades
matter but so do you Y/n. Your well-being is way more important than any homework grade or quiz. You matter. Not some score."

"I know." you mumbled.

"I-I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything Y/n! I just... can you try and take better care of yourself? If not for you then for me and everyone else. Everyone cares about you so much Y/n. You'll see it in time I promise."

"Okay."

"Thank you. Now, do you wanna spend the night here or back at your room?"

"Here. I don't wanna look at another text book for as long as I can."

"Okay." Armin chuckled. "Hey, how about this, what if we studied together? That way neither of us go down a rabbit hole on accident."

"Sounds good."

"Pinkie promise?" Armin help out his pinkie finger to you, "Pinkie promise to only study with me or the group?"

"I promise."

And the two of you interlocked your littlest fingers with matching smiles.

a/n- y'all i feel so bad for not updating. Junior years been pretty fucking rough lol. still, i hope all of you are doing okay :)

what's your favorite month?
(I don't really have one just october-december era lol)

this was a request by MilknSugarcookies

i miss you <3