Chapter 018

Chapter 018

Everybody’s curiosity was raised.

“You sit down first. I’ll see the situation.” Yao Chuan got up. The director personally went to control the trial play.

Qin Yue suppressed his curiosity and sat calmly. He had his own sense of measure in everything he did.

Coming to the crew was a temporary intention and it was a coincidence that he met Ji Li during the filming. If he showed too much attention to Ji Li in front of outsiders, he was afraid it would attract gossip and it wouldn’t be good for them.

Not far away, Ji Li cooperated with the trial scenes again and again. Every one of his actions wasn’t sloppy. In fact, Ji Li had shot many wire scenes before. Due to the needs of the role, he had also gone to a formal martial arts class.

For him, such a scene wasn’t too difficult. It wasn’t long before Yao Chuan called out to the crowd to get ready to start. Ji Li stood in place and went through the plot again in his mind.

After Xie Yan ‘saved’ the heroine, he encountered a group of professional assassins. He broke through the encirclement and suppressed them using his excellent skills.

The plot of this scene was very clear and it was also the highlight moment of shaping the character. In the hidden lines laid out by the script, these assassins were all sent by the palace.

King Jin Xie Yan had failed to seize the throne five years ago. He had avoided death due to holding the late emperor’s edict but there were always people who wanted to kill him.

In the past, he was secretly poisoned as an assassination attempt. This time, they actually sent people to surround him. His treason plan had just begun and there couldn’t be any mistakes. As for these assassins, he would let them go to the next life. This was the best warning for those behind the scenes.

Ji Li finished the construction in his heart. Once his eyes opened again, sharpness and coldness coexisted in his eyes. Ji Li’s expression was obscured by the veil but outsiders clearly felt the change in his aura.

Yao Chuan stared at the figure on the monitor and unknowingly squeezed the walkie-talkie. Fight scenes were always difficult to shoot and the things that could convey emotion were covered by the veil. Even if there were close-ups on the character’s face, they would have to be made up by He Ling later.

As a result, Ji Li’s difficulty was even greater. Since it was a stand-in scene, Yao Chuan only briefly explained the surface scene to Ji Li. He didn’t expect that the other person would know the script so thoroughly that he immediately grasped the character in this scene.

The current aura was right but the next martial arts moves had to keep up. Yao Chuan thought this and immediately called out, “Action.”

─────────────────────

The assassins rushed up in an instant. The wind of the knife filled with killing intent came and caused the white gauze of the veil to flutter.

Just then, Ji Li was pulled off the ground quickly by the wire. He quickly adjusted his posture and his entire figure moved in a straight line toward an assassin. The assassin stabbed at him with a sword.

Just as it was about to touch Xie Yan’s forehead, the latter suddenly flicked his sleeve. The special bone fan hidden in the sleeve made a flexible circle at his fingertips. The fan surface resisted the cold tip of the sword and cleverly struck the blade to turn it. The sharp blade cut through the assassin’s throat and blood splashed out on the spot.