Chapter 019

Chapter 019

Ji Li’s eyes darkened in an instant.

Before he could snap, Baozi came out from behind him. “He Ling, your words are too terrible!”

“There is no room for you to speak here!” He Ling gave him a fierce look. “If you don’t want to be my assistant then get the hell out of here.”

“…Who wants to be your assistant? I will resign now!” Baozi’s chest moved up and down. He was obviously very angry.

What the hell? Just because he had a bit of money behind him, could he boss around others so casually?

He Ling hadn’t expected Bao Zixing to actually come out to support Ji Li and became even angrier. He grabbed Ji Li by the collar and said, “You are quite good at buying people’s hearts.”

“It seems that you’ve been following around in the circle for two years and haven’t learned to be human yet.” Ji Li stared at the other person’s clenched fists and his eyes were completely cold. “Baozi, open the door to your room.”

“Eh?” Baozi was stunned but he immediately found the room card and did it. The electronic door on the left opened in response.

He Ling was unclear about what was going on and his clenched fists gradually turned white. “What do you mean?” 

“I don’t mean anything.” Ji Li stretched his wrists and enunciated every word clearly. “There is surveillance in the corridor. It isn’t convenient for me to hit people.” After he finished, Ji Li violently pulled He Ling into the room and kicked shut the door. “Baozi, stand aside and don’t get involved.”

He Ling met Ji Li’s cold eyes and the anger in his heart momentarily froze. Before he could react, the latter struck him in the chest with an elbow.

“Hiss.” He Ling withdrew in pain.

Ji Li didn’t give the opponent a chance to counterattack at all and quickly tripped him. He Ling fell to the ground in response and the back of his head slammed into the ground.

Ji Li used his physical advantage to suppress him from above. Then he drew the fruit knife from the table and ruthlessly inserted it beside the side of He Ling’s face. The cold sharpness of the blade loomed over him, as if his skin would be cut the moment he struggled.

He Ling took a deep breath. “…Ji Li, are you crazy? It is illegal to hurt someone with a knife!”

“You were the first one to speak insults.” Ji Li turned the handle of the knife indifferently and seemed to be smiling. “I didn’t do anything to you. How am I breaking the law?”

“Do you know who is standing behind me? If you dare to hurt me then I will never be done with you in the future.” He Ling gritted his teeth but didn’t dare to move.

Ji Li admired his angry and suffocating expression and laughed. “Do you think I care about who is standing behind you? Do you think you can fly into the sky just because you have a wealthy backer? I’m afraid to mention these dirty activities in case I stink up my mouth.”

He Ling had joined Dream Media and received jobs from Sun Yong. He was the first male lead in a small cost ancient drama three months ago yet now he was using money to join a big crew…

What type of deal was hidden behind this qualitative leap? The answer was self-evident.

He Ling heard this and his heart was filled with fear and shame.

How come? He was taken by Sun Yong to the ‘drinking party’ but outsiders didn’t know about this. How could Ji Li know? Did Sun Yong tell him in private?