32.

Grace's POV

Ellie walked in and smiled weakly at me "hey" I said returning the smile. She sat down next to me on the couch and we both just looked in front of us, waiting for the other one to say something to break the awkward silence.

"So where are they?" She asked. I looked at her and pointed outside "they're outside, probably drinking"

"You don't wanna get something to drink?" She asked, looking at me. I shook my head "I don't drink"

"Well do you wanna..go for a walk?" I smiled and nodded, standing up "give me a second" I said going towards Camila "babe, me and Ellie are going for a walk" I said, she looked at me and came towards me, pecking my lips "okay, I'll miss you!" She yelled when I walked towards Ellie again.

We went to walk around the place. It was peaceful too. The streets were empty, the sound of the leaves of the trees moving from the wind, the smell of the flowers and the light of the moon making it magical.

I looked at Ellie and she looked in front of her, her hands in her pockets. I looked forward "are you okay?" I asked.

She didn't answer me so I looked at her and she was already looking at me "why are you asking?" She asked calmly, I shrugged "just wanting to check on you"

She took a deep breathe and nodded "I'm okay.." she looked in front of her as we kept walking "..I'm okay" she mumbled, sounding like she wanted to convince herself too.

I know she's lying and that she's not okay but if she lied she probably doesn't want to talk about it. I'm going to let her be until she wants to talk to me.

"Wanna get some snacks?" She broke the silence that has been going for a few minutes "sure" we walked towards 7/11 that was close to us and walked in, picking out the snacks we wanted.

We went towards the cashier and put the things down. Ellie took her wallet out and started to take some money out. The guy that was at the cashier kept taking glances at Ellie then back to the stuff.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere" Ellie looked up at the guy and shook her head "probably saw someone that looks like me, I don't know who you are" she said coldly.

"May I ask for your name?" He asked, Ellie sighed "Ellie Miller"

He looked up at her, stopping what he was doing with wide eyes "what?" She asked. He swallowed hard and shook his head "15.45 please" he said still looking at Ellie with a shocked expression on his face.

I saw her face expressions change into nervousness, he's making her nervous by the way he looked and the way his face just turned completely pale when she said her name.

She handed him the money "do you know me?" He laughed nervously and shook his head "probably just mixed you up with someone else"

"Hey Malik-" we looked towards the woman that walked in the store, who stopped in her tracks looking at Ellie, her smile dying "what the fuck is happening?" Ellie said in frustration at why the two people were shocked.

She slammed 20 dollars to the counter and took our things, leaving the store quickly as I followed behind her. She looked back at the store "did you see that or was it just me?" She asked nervously, the bag in her hand slightly shaking as her hands started to shake out of nervousness.

I went towards her and took the bag from her, putting it on the ground and cupping her face "look at me" she looked at me and I smiled at her, my thumb rubbing her cheek softly "everything will be okay. let's not let anyone ruin our walk okay?"

She took a deep breathe and nodded, closing her eyes "yeah you're right" she said opening her eyes and taking the bag that our snacks on off the ground, looking back at the store to see the two people looking at her but not moving at all.

She walked away quickly and I followed her, trying to catch up with her "slow down" I said holding her arm and turning her around "slow down.." I said out of breathe.

"..let's just sit down and eat our chips, don't let them ruin anything for you" she nodded and sat down on the side of the road, I sat down next to her. She had her hands on her thighs, still trying to calm down.

I put my hand on top of hers making her look at me "it's gonna be okay" I don't know why she's so nervous "I'm just nervous because of the way they looked at me, it made me nervous..I'm sorry if I look dumb being this nervous" she said laughing.

I shook my head "it's okay, it's not dumb" I said reassuring her. She smiled and put her head on my shoulder "thank you" she said, I was still holding her hand so she interlocked our fingers.

We heard soft whimpers making us look to the side. There was a small injured dog sitting behind a tree, trying to move but the puppy couldn't. It broke my heart.

Ellie stood up and went towards it, petting it "who hurt you buddy?" She said while trying to check the puppy's leg that had blood on it. I stood up and went towards them, making sure to not scare the dog since it seemed really relaxed while Ellie touched it's head gently.

He didn't have a collar, he was a little dirty but the dog is really cute "she has a broken leg" Ellie said looking at me, she looked sad.

She kept petting the puppy that she assumed is a girl, the dog moving her head on Ellie's hand as well while whimpering softly.

"I can't leave her here.." Ellie stood up and carried the puppy, making sure not to hurt her "..we'll take you to the doctor baby, you'll be okay" Ellie said smiling down at the puppy.

I smiled and crossed my arms, trying to stay warm since it was a little cold as I looked at Ellie. This is the first time I ever noticed this small dimple on one of her cheeks, it makes her look prettier than she already is.

"We have to take her to the veterinarian" she said looking at me. I nodded knowing that Ellie would argue if I said no and the puppy is really cute, it'll break my heart if we just left her here.

We walked back to the cabin "go get the keys please" I nodded and walked in the cabin "Baby!" I called for Camila, I saw her in the backyard from the glass door "I'm here!"

I went towards her and she was sitting on the chair with Courtney sleeping on the chair next to her "where are the car keys?" I asked her. She stood up and stumbled while trying to get to me so I held her to help her balance "let's just go to a room and have some fun" she said, I laughed "maybe after I get back but I have to go-"

She connected her lips with mine and pulled me closer to her. I couldn't resist so I kissed back, wrapping my arms around her neck and kissing her deeply.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I pulled back and looked at Ellie who still carried the puppy "I asked you to get the keys, just the fucking keys so this little puppy doesn't have to suffer any longer and you're making out with your horny drunk girlfriend?!"

I didn't know what to say and Ellie didn't give me a chance to. She looked around and took the keys, leaving the house and driving away.

Fuck.