One.

Sometimes people who are meant for each other don't end up together. But it's way more fun when they do ;) For believers in fate, epic romance and soul-shattering love, this one's for you!

Katerina Hayes. 24 years old.
Black hair, brown eyes filled with her soul and nothing but love. She's everything any man would want, if you can get past her father.

Carlos Hayes, the leader of the Italian mafia and king of the Sicilian Mafia loves no one more than his precious daughter Katerina. With his distant Spanish roots and sharp Italian mind, he was hard to fool. Unlike other kings and queens of the mafia, Carlos kept his daughter clandestine to the world believing no one was good enough for her.

Her brother, Carlos Hayes Jr. was a hot headed, typical protective older brother. He was a 6 foot shadow of his father. He worked hard but played even harder. It's Carlos' turn to get married. He falls. But does she?

Katerina was unknown to many. For her father to mention her meant  trust. And you don't break the trust of a Don.The few people who knew of Katerina's existence belonged to the inner circle.

Their mother, Maria Hayes was an Italian beauty. She was wanted by many men but kings always get what they want. Maria lived her life on the streets of Sicily until the leader of the most dangerous organized criminals set eyes on her, and the rest is history.

After their rise to power and move to New York City, everyone wanted in. Everyone wanted affiliation. With the US government in their pocket, the Hayes family refused help outside what they already had.

There were very few families as powerful as them. You could never touch a Hayes without dying. Ever. The members mainly existed in the family. The Cosa Nostra was intense. You could see it in whoever you looked at. Behind the intensity of Italian genetics, the anger and dominance in any man belonging to the Cosa Nostra was found in their eyes.

Everyone referred to Carlos as "boss". Sometimes even his own children. There was crime on the streets, most of them belonging to the Hayes' or Kingstons.

The Kingstons. There was only one son. And a daughter. The Kingston family was a dangerous one. You would never cross a Kingston without their permission. They were ruthless, heartless. A family full of men.

Axle Kingston was the king of the underworld. He ran the most powerful organization the city of New York has ever seen. At the age of 30, he owned most of the streets, supplied drugs and gold throughout the world, owned and ran hotels and bars, and controlled every single affiliation under his fingertips. You work for him, not with him.

Few had even seen him in person. He was a closed off man, his number one priority was domination. He avoided trouble, but was a completely irrational man sometimes. Power oozed from his blood. The Kingston family was reckless. They saw something they wanted and would do whatever, absolutely whatever it took to get it. They feared no one.

The devil walked on the streets in bright daylight. He was impulsive, enjoyed the thrill of life and money. Axle was an assassin. He had never met a man he could not kill.

After the death of his father, Axle Kingston took the reigns of the Kingston organization to the next level. From buying hotels and night clubs, to forming alliances all the way in Moscow, he was practically untouchable. You couldn't infiltrate his organization if you dedicated your whole life to trying.

Axle was every woman's dream in the Cosa Nostra. It was said that woman picture his face when in bed with their husbands. Who would blame them?

The man had more enemies than the president of the United States, and more money than him too. He lived with his sister in a beautiful mansion in New York City. His sister was at the age to get married. Alyssa Kingston was now aged 23 years old and decided to marry. After making the decision, the Kingston Don, her brother had made a list of prospects for his sister.

When you are a Don, you are allowed to pick the age your sibling or daughter has to get married. For regular girls, it was 21. They had no choice. The father or head of the family made a list of prospects and often gave their daughters off the highest bidder.

This was not the case when you are a Don. Even though you rarely marry for love, the Don will pick a man who has the most integrity and promise for their daughters. And since there were only 2 Don's in power in New York City, choices were often limited.

Katerina is a soft, sensitive person. Axle is her polar opposite. They're becoming family. Ties will break, lies will come to light. Love will get ugly.

What will become of Axle? What will be come of Katerina? Will their siblings tie the knot making them family? Or will the forbidden temptation take flight?

⚠️TW- violence/alcohol/blood/abuse/substances/strong language