Thirteen.

It was now well past 1am

It was now well past 1am. Lo, Hayes and I were scratching our heads, getting excessively drunk and trying to figure out how to keep the black haired she devil safe from Nicolas Cruz and the Capello's. I could call Vincent. Send Kat to Sicily and ask him to look out for her. But at the back of my mind I know that would be an extreme option. If Vincent Moretti was protecting someone in his city, that person would never worry about a thing when it came to their safety. That is his city.

"Kingston." I answered, seeing Carter Agnello's caller ID flashing on my phone. "AK, I got something. Spent the whole fucking night figuring out your shit. Tell Hayes not to stress, I organized a meeting." his heavy voice rang through the phone.

"With who?" I said, slurring along the way. The pressure of this is getting to me, but I am trying not to let it surface.

"well what do you think of me hm? Obviously I got it with Cruz. And tell Hayes to be loaded. He'll meet you at Hayes' place yeah?" he said.

"I'll be with him. He can take care of himself. Thanks Carter. Appreciate the help." I said to him.

"hey Kingston, I probably shouldn't be asking you this, but who are you protecting?" he asked.

I may be inebriated but I'll still fuck anyone up for her. I'm also not sure what Carter knows, or if Hayes would even want him to know about Katerina. It isn't my place to say anything.

"you don't worry about that. Think you can mediate for us tomorrow? I think that's neutral enough." I asked him. My consigliere, together with Hayes' aren't very neutral. They both get trigger happy.

"I'll be there. Say hi to Alyssa for me." he said and I could feel the smile in his voice.

"go fuck yourself" I said to him.

"with pleasure." he said and ended the call.

"so, is he with us?" Hayes said. He sat up and ashed out his cigarette in Lo's ashtray.

"he'll mediate, and he got a meeting with Nicolas. Later, maybe in the evening at your house." I said to him.

"if all goes well, I'll introduce him to Kat. Maybe they'll hit it off. I'll have a dirty fed in the family." Hayes said to me. I feel the itch on my skin immediately when Hayes says this. I hate how much it's affecting me.

"well what's one more dirty person in this family." Lo spoke. He was silent most of the night, knowing full well he was a fucking idiot and he put Katerina in danger.

Hayes stepped out. He said he wanted some air but we all know he was just resisting the urge to punch his son for endangering his precious daughter.

So I did it for him. I pulled him off his chair by his collar.

"Kingston what are you-" he said, and I struck him with my right hand.

"you ever do something so fucking stupid to put her in danger again, I'll put a bullet between your goddamn eyes. Family or not. You fuck with her life again, I swear to you Lo, you'll have nothing left for me to ruin." I said and made a hasty exit.