Twelve.

Today we were having lunch at Lo's with Axle's family

Today we were having lunch at Lo's with Axle's family. His cousins and a few of his aunts were in New York from Italy. He sent me a text yesterday after we had lunch at his house, saying his family was coming and wanted to luncheon at Lo's house. That's how Italians did it when it came to family, there's no room to breathe.

So I spoke to my papa and he agreed. This was the first time Lo was hosting and so it would be a disaster. I told my papa to drop me off there so I could help set up and start cooking.

I couldn't cook much, I made good carbonara and I baked well but I couldn't cook. Lo had a chef so I told her to do everything, I would just make the sauce.

When I got to Lo's house, he was there in his pajamas and a bottle of water in his hand.

"ay Dios mio Kat, is it already 9am?"he asked. "close, 11am. What happened?" I asked him.

"I had too much to drink last night. I think Luca carried me here." he said and rubbed his head.

"well freshen up buttercup, your future family is coming. We're having lunch here, Aly's aunts and stuff." I said to him.

He groaned like a baby and walked upstairs.

Lo's house was nice. In Manhattan, a gated estate. It had an entryway similar to ours. 2 marble steps leading to huge double doors. When you walk in here, there's a piano under the staircase and a few couches on the left.

There's high ceilings, grey paint splashes on the walls and beautiful silver embellishments on the walls. His house was comfortable, beautiful and I loved it.

Everyone would get here around 3. I honestly looked forward to meeting their aunts. All my fathers brothers never married, just had kids and the ladies disappeared. I didn't like my uncles very much, they were hasty. And they didn't understand the relationship between my father and I.

After spending a long time in the kitchen, I completed my sauce and had an apple pie in the oven.

It was already 3pm so I decided to go get dressed. I slipped on a flowery black and yellow skirt and a plain black buttoned top. I put on black heels and tied my hair in a sleek ponytail.

Lo came down, he looked confused. Or upset. I couldn't tell.

"Kat, I fucked up." he said, softly and grabbed onto my arm.

"what did you do Lo?" I asked him and he started breathing rapidly.

"I called off the deal last night, dad's deal with Nicolas Cruz." he said to me.

Mother of God, please save us.

My heart started racing. Sweat was dripping off Lo's body. He was stressing.

The deal with Nicolas Cruz was the one Axle negotiated for us after the man in the warehouse said he knew who I was. After that, the threat was settled and I was safe.