Eight.

Papa came back around 2am

Papa came back around 2am. He went into his study with Lo. I was upstairs. Trying on my dresses I got today.

I went wild a bit. I'll admit it. I needed one dress for Alyssa's party but that was a month away. I'd probably go shopping again by then or get something off the runway.

I knew the Kingston event would be blown up wildly. Because this was Alyssa's last soiree before getting married. It was tradition, in whatever families we knew that before a lady gets married, her last birthday party be extravagant. A simple way to show wealth.

And the Kingston's had nothing but that.

I almost had a panic attack when Lo asked about my hand. I thought of that on the spot. I was stressing he wouldn't believe me, but Lo was an idiot. I didn't think it looked so bad and my dress covered it and I guess my sleeve moved up while carrying the bags and I didn't notice.

It was going purple now. And my face had been slowly healing. It's been 3 days since I saw Tyler at the store.

It's also been 3 days since I made amends with Axle. I helped out with their work a few times. Went over paperwork with them. He seemed genuine and hid nothing from my papa. But Goddamn , he was rich. It was a guessing game about which designer suit he'd show up in. Some days it's Tom Ford, others he's wearing Givenchy. I must've seen 10 different watches on his wrist, all costing someone's yearly salary.

He was also disgustingly handsome. A few times I was afraid to be alone with him. Not because I was weak or would give in to the temptation of feeling his lips on mine but because he was a horrifying man. The things I've heard and read about him is exactly what you'd expect from a man who was born with a gun in his hand. All he's ever known is violence.

Most times he was moody. He had very little patience. Even if I was calculating something. He would rush me. He would be a lot of fun with his growing child one day.

That's just the way men were in the Cosa Nostra. Impatient. But this man was ridiculous.

He crossed my mind even when he wasn't here. I can't deny an attraction to the man. He's handsome. Every girl's dream is to be in his bed.

The problem was he's been through his fair share of women. I once asked Luca what he knew about him and he told me they both slept with his housekeeper. I was always right about him being impulsive.

Any woman would drop to their knees for Axle. He had that face. That face you could never ignore. That face you would see when you closed your eyes. He was everywhere.

His presence was laced with danger. He had so many enemies. But he was untouchable.He's thrill and danger and excitement, everything a women would want. But he was my brothers fiancé's brother. We were practically family, yet the depraved thoughts filled my head every time we were together. I had a burning in my thighs when he was near. There were a few occasions when he was here and we were alone in the kitchen. His glare could make me fall over. His eyes were so brown, they looked like oak. They were pretty. And empty.