Five.

Impulsive

Impulsive. Reckless.

Her words cut through me. After leaving the Hayes' house I had to meet her father at a warehouse for more information. The Capello's were getting crafty and we needed to stop them.

She got under my skin. God she got under my skin. Fuck.

Everything she said was true.

But fuck me, her smooth skin on her bare legs and she reached for that mug. Her hands moving the coffee machine incorrectly. She was perfect. Every man's wet dream.

Now I know why Hayes kept her a secret. God I hated how perfect she was.

I could wrap her hair around my fist at least twice. Fuck, she's becoming my family. And she can't stand the sight of me. She thinks I'm impulsive? I am. And I don't mind it.

She has no idea what I've had to go through to become this way. She's had everything handed to her. Her daddy is rich and from the look of that diamond bracelet she wears, she doesn't mind spending his money.

It sent a violent pang through my chest thinking she would marry another soon. I felt even worse thinking about how she would look spread eagled in my bed.

Fuck.

I pulled up to the warehouse, the Capello's warehouse and saw Hayes beating the shit out of someone already. Hayes is old fashioned, just like me.

By that I mean we prefer using our fists. I never leave without my .45 on me but when it comes to shit like this, I use my fucking hands. I'm pretty sure my knuckles are shattered but I don't mind.

"what's the story here Hayes?" I asked as I walked into the warehouse.

"he knows." Hayes said to me. I detected the little tremor in his voice. It took me .5 seconds to figure it out.

He knew about Katerina.

"how?" I asked. Adrenaline flushed through me.

"I can ask you the same fucking question Kingston." he said, spat actually. He really thinks I opened my mouth?

"Hayes, come on you know I wouldn't do that." I told him as gently as I could but if he put a finger on me I'd kill him with no hesitation.

"I trust you Kingston, but if you did this you know I'll murder you in cold blood." he said. I knew it was true. He would. But I wouldn't dare endanger her.

"I know. We'll figure out who knows. Come on, what does he know." I asked and Hayes motioned for me to find out. "hm, good boy. I see you've cooperated. Who knows about her?" I asked.

He remained silent. I bet Hayes never used a gun. So I decided to do the impulsive thing and pull out my gun.

He whimpered. "that's what I like to see, fear. Now will you talk?" I asked and pressed the gun to his forehead.