Forty-nine.

It was day 2 of waking up across from Axle's dark brown eyes

It was day 2 of waking up across from Axle's dark brown eyes. I felt him playing with my hair, and opened my eyes to meet his. He had a warm smile on his face.

"good morning" he said, his voice was low and husky, and laced with early morning tiredness.

I stretched and smiled at him. "good morning. Have you been up long?"

He shook his head. "not long."

"were you watching me sleep?"

"I was actually. You're so beautiful when you're not talking shit."

"okay firstly, that's very creepy. And second, that's very rude." I said, and raised my eyebrows at him. He waved me off.

He bit into his lip. His hand wandered down my body sending electric current through the fabric of my night dress. I followed his hand with my eyes. He played with the hem of it at the bottom, and when I looked back at him, his eyes were glued to my chest.

"do we have anything planned today?" he asked, still fiddling with the lacy hem of my dress just above my knees.

"it's new years eve, we should go out."

He removed his eyes from my chest and looked into my eyes.

"there's a car show later on, I'm taking you with."

"there's a correct way to say that. It goes like this 'may I take you to the car show tonight my darling beautiful angel?'. " I said and began to laugh.

"if I ever talk like that I want you to fucking shoot me." he said, and a small smile curled on his lips.

"tomorrow we're having a thing here by the way."

He furrowed his brows. "what thing?"

I rolled my eyes.

"it's new years day, the family has to be together."

He sighed. "Ay Katerina, don't turn me into this man who meets up with his father in law every weekend." It was when he spoke like this that I heard his Italian accent, and my God, it was beautiful.

I snorted. "I promise I won't. But you'll break his heart."

"is that where you got the sensitivity from?"

"definitely not."

He laughed. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I have to go pick up something later today. Be ready for the car show by 3, okay?" he said, gently.

I smiled. "you did it, you're talking like a human."

He reached his long arm over and smacked my ass.

"don't make me late." he said, and kissed my forehead before leaving the bed.

"why didn't you kiss me on the lips?" I asked, and punched his shoulder.