Forty-six.

With Christmas and the new year underway, operations are closing and like any normal business, my employees are going home for the holidays

I had spent the last few weeks at the warehouses sorting everything out for the festive season and getting things ready for the new year. I got several migraines from the fact that all my employees are fucking idiots and I can't stand them.

I had to get things ready at house as well. Alyssa's wing of the house had been torn down and I'm not sure what to do with it. I was busy with preparations for Katerina's move. The trucks move about the yard, ready to sort out everything upstairs and in the wine cellar for her. As I look outside, I watch as a black Mercedes Benz G-63 pulls into my yard, and a smile forms on my face before I can fucking stop it. There's only one man I know who drives beasts like these.

"You fucker, I thought I wasn't going to see you till the wedding." I say, as Moretti gets out of his car and walks to me.

"Missed you too, asshole. I'm not here for long, just sorting out some shit. And when I heard you were getting married I had to come and check if it was the same Axle Kingston. I should be checking you for a fever." He says. He looks like he always does, dark hair, sharp suits. Being in his presence reminds me of where I came from, how we both started and where we are now. This man became a billionaire in his twenties.

"Can you believe Hayes has a daughter?" I ask, my mind rushing off to my Katerina. We walk into my study and he sits down with a sigh.

"Never would've guessed. But you know who would've known," he says. He doesn't have to say his name. We both know Christian would've probably been able to find out the name of the doctor who delivered her at birth. "There was very little that bastard didn't know," I tell him. "How did you handle all that shit with Alyssa and Brendan? I was expecting to see his obituary in the papers," he says and I laugh lightly. He's the only person who still reads newspapers. "My wife convinced me love was worth sparing the little bastard." I say. He shakes his head with a laugh. "You always do the right thing Axe, even if it's unorthodox. I know you." He says.

"Putting out fires for Cal?" I ask, passing him his drink. I can see the rims around his eyes. I know he's tired. "Always. I'm fucking tired of him. I just wish he'd grow up. I'm partnering with a new architecture firm. I can't keep coming to New York to bail his ass out every time. Whenever I head back to Milan, he fucks up something else. You know how it is," he spits out. I can see the anger and worry on his face, and it's bothering me, it's making me angry. I don't like it when Vin is worried, it means something is really wrong.

"You tell him to spend a few days with me. I beat some sense into him" I say. To that he laughs. "You and I both know you'd have your gun in your hand the second he walks through that door," he says. "He's not your problem, Vin. Stop running around for him. He wouldn't do it for you" I say. It's clear that what I just said hit something deep in him, and I'm happy for that. Vincent is the only person with a brain in his family, his father and brother take advantage of that. He makes his father look like a choir boy with his rough ways of handling things, but that's what made him so powerful. Christian and I tried too many times to get him away from them, but he always gave Cal the benefit of the doubt and gave him whatever he wanted and did his best to keep his father away from his empire.