Eleven.

I had meetings the entire day

I had meetings the entire day. This afternoon my cousins, Enzo and Angelo, and my consigliere Jaxon together with Alyssa and I were having lunch with the Hayes'. That's how it is when Italians still have family around them, some of us have not a single living relative, but when you do you end up seeing each other more often than you'd like.

Aly's birthday was in 2 weeks and something felt a bit off with her so I decided to host this lunch to see how she's behaving with LO. I didn't have time for this nonsense.

I can't afford her to mess things up with the Hayes family. As much as Lo is in control of his affairs when it comes to Aly, Hayes is still very much in charge and if I fuck up, or if Alyssa fucks up he can ask for anything in return. And vice versa.

The agreement was such.

I had 2 meetings at the club with cartel owners and 2 meetings at home with weapon dealers. It always ended in arguments, and so I enjoyed it.

Alyssa was out shopping. I had a chef over preparing all kinds of shit for the lunch today. These events took a lot of my time, and planning them was not my strong suit. I've made several chefs and florists cry.

I went up to my balcony and took a moment alone.

Fucking hell, this was really happening.

I was joining families with a girl I wanted to fuck senseless. How was I ever going to live this down?

I sighed, very heavily. So heavily I could feel my lungs moving. I blew out a breath of smoke and heard Alyssa coming in.

"hey Axe. You alright?" she asked me. I turned to face her.

"yeah, I'm alright. You?" I asked her and she nodded.

"excited for tonight?" I asked her and she nodded and gave me a smile. Again, something seemed off.

"it's almost 3, I'm going to start getting ready." she said to me.

"if Katerina is coming, expect a 3 hour delay." I said to her as she shut her door.

I can only imagine what she'll be wearing today.

I thought of that black dress too much. Way too much. In the shower especially. Fucking hell. Fuck you Katerina.

At around 4.30, Hayes pulled up into the driveway. I always admired the way he chose to move around his city, always in an inconspicuous black Mercedes Benz, always top of the range with dark tint and all the bells and whistles, but despite his large collection of cars, his choices were always classic. Sleek C-Class, S-Class and the Mercedes SUV's. Makes me think of Moretti.

Maria stepped off the car first, then Hayes and Lo's car just pulled in shortly after them.

Then she got out.

I felt light headed. I don't like this reaction on me.

She was wearing a white sundress. It was still warm for September weather. Her dress came above her knees, the shine of her legs catching the light.