Ten.

After the shock of the news this morning, I decided I needed to go to church and pray for Tyler's soul

It was my fault he was dead anyway, and his mother and his father.

Axle was such a horrible man. I begged him not to do anything. He got to Tyler before my father did, I don't even understand what his need is to protect me, I'm nothing to him.

Did he have gasoline cans in his car? Of course he did, impulsive and reckless Axle Kingston.

Having the devil care for me is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. I hate him. I feel like one slap from me would set him straight. Crazy man. Who just does that? Something so vile and cruel?

My father didn't seem very phased by this murder. I guess he's seen and done worse. I felt awful, guilty.

My mother walked into my room. My heart began to race.

"Katerina, what shoes would match with this dress?" she asked me, her red dress in her hand. I wanted to burst into tears.

"your black prada ones should match well." I said to her. I tried not to let my voice crack. This was one of my happiest moments.

"and pearls maybe?" she asked.

I nodded. It was a lot for her to come and speak to me. I was thankful for every second of it.

She looked at me once more then walked out of my room and shut the door behind her. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I miss you mama.

I dressed up for church, a soft pink off the shoulder dress and a white floppy hat. I put on my white heels with small pink bows on them and walked downstairs.

My father looked as if he was waiting for 3 hours. It was only 2 and a half.

"you look pretty bella. It took 2 hours for this. Please let's go now." he said to me and shook his head.

"wait, mama is coming with." I said to him and he spun around and looked at me intensely.

"really?" he asked, his voice with a hint of despair.

I nodded and the corner of his lips lifted up. He was happy.

After about 10 minutes my mother walked down.

"Maria you look beautiful." my father said. Each of his words had his heart wrapped around it. He longed for my mother, I knew that.

She just smiled. I watched his smile fall to the ground.

"okay, let's get to church yeah?" I said, only to cut the tension down.

My father let out a sigh and grabbed his keys and we had a long, silent drive to church.

The entire service I felt a chill on my back. My entire body was feeling an unnatural feeling.

I knew it was him.