Epilogue.

1 year later

1 year later.

After everything, the wedding, the birth of Alys daughter, Val and papa's wedding, everything felt too good to be true.

Our honeymoon went on for the last 6 months as we traveled the entire world. Starting in Africa, we made our way through each and every part of the world, and fucked in every city, in every position, on every balcony overlooking the whichever city we were in. I was even a part of the mile high club.

I also convinced him to get a tattoo with me in New Orleans. I have saturn on my right hand, he's got the moon amongst the others on his. He didn't like to idea at first, but once I explained the significance of the song seven, he welcomed the idea.

Of course the year wasn't perfect. There were many nights Axle spent in the guest room or on the couch. The screaming matches and disagreements. And there were also nights he was ripping new lingerie off me with his teeth. I had never gone anywhere without a hickey. So we had our balance.

We bought a new house too. It was for investment mainly but part of me wanted to live there.

Axle's wedding gift to me was a hotel in upper Manhattan. Technically, it was a regift. Vincent Moretti got it for the both of us. 'Starlight' hotel became a main focus of my life. I ran every aspect, and I know he got it for me so I'd have something to do.

He'd gotten a lot more muscular, if that was even possible. We'd explored every inch of each other's bodies, and by now, I knew everything he expected from me.

Call it my own naivety, but part of me thought Axle had softened over the time we've been together. I liked to believe it, then I had to pretend I couldn't hear a man screaming for his life in our basement. Maybe that's why he built me the wine cellar, because I definitely needed it.

They still called him "the devil" in the streets. He was. There was no denying it because he wore a sharp suit and a wedding ring. He carried out his business as usual, just like he did before he met me. But he never, not once endangered my life. In any way, in any circumstance. The danger of his lifestyle is what attracted me to him. And his ability to keep me protected is unmatched. You have to get through a minimum of 5 security guards to get to me wherever I go and if I'm not with him. I don't mind at all. They are 2 of the world's best trained females, and 3 ex-navy seals who quit their jobs after Axle offered them an exorbitant amount of money to protect me.

Though our routines had changed, life fell back into its original place once our honeymoon was over. Alys daughter, Hayley, was in our house so often it felt like she was our kid. We loved her so much.

I'd even managed to fix my relationship with Lo. Him and I were alright. I just didn't like how everything went wrong with him and Axle. He wasn't even at my wedding. Lo had many things he needed to work on by himself and I loved him to pieces, but his problems weren't mine. He apologized to Axle once we got back from our honeymoon, and even though he only went along with it to make me happy, I knew he hated my brother. It was something I couldn't change and it didn't bother me as much as I thought. Axle didn't need an apology from him, but Lo was wrong in every regard. Even though I wasn't fully sure of what went down that night.