Seventeen.

The warm air brushed my skin

The warm air brushed my skin. I was in Carter's pretty silver jaguar and we were on the way to the restaurant.

We had the windows down and music playing, so there wasn't much room for talking.

I was going to do my best not think of Axle, and to enjoy my date.

The drive to the restaurant was about 10 minutes. Carter left his car with the valet and took my hand and we walked inside.

The waiter sat us at the table he reserved, a small corner near the window. It was intimate, the perfect spot for a first date.

Of course Carter was a perfect gentleman. He pulled out my chair for me and I sat across from him, and his beautiful blue eyes.

"this place is stunning" I said.

"you like it?" he asked. Stupid question but okay. I nodded.

"I haven't eaten today." I told him. He raised a brow. "why?" he asked. He looked concerned actually.

"wanted to look pretty in this dress" I said and smiled at him. He slowly smiled back and his eyes traveled my body.

"I would say it was worth it, but you shouldn't starve Katerina. But you do look gorgeous." he said to me. I began to blush.

"thank you. And it's a small price" I said.

"can we get a bottle of cabernet and 2 glasses please?" he said to the waiter. He smiled at me. I smiled back. I think I recognized him.

"sure. Be right back." he said to us. I felt like I knew him. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

"I love cabernet." I said. He smiled. "I know. I asked your father," he said. My mind wandered to the bottle of Cheval blanc I drank in Axle's bar.

The waiter came back with the bottle of wine and 2 very fancy looking menu's for us.

He poured our glasses for us and before we could drink it, Carter said "to our first date. Hopefully the first of many" he said. And I smiled. A real smile.

"cheers to that" I said and we clinked glasses. This tasted like the wine you drink at a school mixer that you don't want to be at.

"everything looks good here." he said to me. "well what are you in the mood for?" I asked. "maybe some pasta, but hm, steak." he said and I laughed. "we can share, I'll get a pasta, you get a steak." I said to him.

"genius" he whispered and looked at me intensely. He ran his hand over his jaw and looked at me. "what?" I asked him.

"you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen Katerina. Do you know that?" he said to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat. He was perfect. "thank you Carter. You're too sweet."I said to him.

He called the waiter and ordered our stuff. I knew this waiter, but I don't know from where.

I picked up phone as I got a text from Matteo. He was in Atlantic city for the last month.'heard you're on a date. On my way with a revolver' the text read. 'he's a fed, he'll throw you in the slammer' I replied.