Fourteen.

It was now around 7pm

It was now around 7pm. My mother hadn't returned and the house was unsettling and quiet. I kept feeling like things were going to go wrong.

My papa came home. Together with Lo and Axle, his consigliere and a few of my cousins. I heard Jaxon's loud, gruff voice from downstairs.

While sitting upstairs, waiting for my father to call on me I decided to start researching this man "Carter Agnello".

There was not a single photo of him, anywhere. He worked for the FAA and was worth roughly 300 million dollars. In his description, they called him heartless and ice-cold. I wonder why.

I also wondered how he ended up working for my father and Axle. That's when I dug further and realized he didn't work for them, he worked with them and made his way on his own.

At the age of 27, he was worth more than a quarter of a billion dollars and had never been married. He was trained as an assassin and had some gruesome kills to his name. This man was intriguing, and I wanted to know what he looked like.

It was clear my father hadn't told him about me, which implies that my father didn't trust him as of yet. Maybe that would change tonight.

Nicolas Cruz was coming here. It sent a cold rush down my body knowing this man would be a few feet away from me. Of course, my father had a guard stationed outside my bedroom door.

Nicholas Cruz was a typical Cosa Nostra male. He was the type of guy who'd risk it all for fast cars and a pretty girl. He ran a prostitution ring in an underground organization which was shut down by the FAA. Although you couldn't put Cosa Nostra men behind bars, you could make them bleed millions and that's exactly what Carter Agnello had done.

Nicolas, was a 5'9 brown haired, black eyed monster. He was awful. Not the type of man other men fear, but the type of man a woman would never want to be alone with. He had charges of rape to his name, and when I was 21 my father wanted me to marry him.

My brother, Lo had shut that down immediately. But my father would've never gone through with it anyway. But Cruz already knew who I was. It was too late. Cruz made his money by exploiting the tech world. There weren't many men who could do what he did.  There was a man before Nicholas, who was the best assassin and investigator New York had ever seen. After the underworld lost Christian Alvarez to a house fire, nothing was the same. He was the best at what he did, a reputable man with little to no morals but from what I recall he was extremely respectful. My father trusted him blindly. It was a true shock when he died, but I wouldn't be surprised if 'il demone' was still kicking somewhere on this planet.

And so Nicholas took over. He was an asset. My father couldn't kill him because he couldn't outsource his tech work to anyone else now that Christian was no more.

I heard the door open once, someone walked in. Then about 10 minutes later, I heard the doors of the house creak open again and Nicolas' heavy footsteps entering our home. I just knew it was him.