Fifty-four.

It was 2 weeks after Alys bachelorette party, 2 weeks since my first fight with a Kingston man, and today was Aly and Brendan's wedding

It was a Wednesday, a regular, cold Wednesday in the first week of February. The weather was icy, it was getting colder each second.

Today, we'd go to the courthouse. We'd watch Aly and Brendan promise themselves to each other for the rest of their lives. Although Axle didn't deem it necessary to be there, I ensured he would, to watch his sister make the biggest commitment of her life.

There were other preparations in full swing as well, my own wedding. We decided to have a small scale wedding, an intimate church ceremony. And as for a reception afterwards, well Axle wasn't too focused on that and to be honest, neither was I.

Our ceremony would be family only, something more personal. And even though Axle wanted a big blowout, we decided not to do that, but plan to travel every city of the world together, starting from one end of the globe.

Today, he was in meetings for the entire morning. He woke me up before he left, gave me an iron tablet accompanied with a kiss on my collarbone. Things have been...hot between us. More intimate than it should be for an unmarried couple. But my body has gotten too used to him, and all fiery passion that he has for me.

As I lay in bed, after all the renovations I had done, looking around in our now blue and white bedroom, I felt a wave of happiness and affection toward my almost sister in law. I honestly couldn't wait to marry Axle, mostly for him but also for the sister I'd gain.

I glanced at the time and it was way later than anticipated. I got out of bed and followed the tradition I'd grown into here in my new home.

I thought of everything Lo had said to me when I addressed him 2 weeks back, how he said I would never be happy here, and everything would fizzle out eventually. It was then, that I realized I loved my brother too much, and he ended up hurting me. But not beyone repair, because I had someone to love me now.

I didn't want to write him off though, he was still my brother. And beside all the hurt and pain he caused Axle and I, I could never say that I didn't love him. I did. But he didn't deserve it. He deserved distance and to be alone. I decided to do just that, distance myself from him, not include him in any formalities of my wedding, or our future family events. For his own safety, I thought it best to keep Axle and him apart.

The kitchen was just repainted, together with the living room and other spaces that had dark paint. Walls were turned yellow, white, and sage green. I know he liked the changes, and I could see that it made him happy to see how comfortable I was in my home.

My papa and Valerie were getting further into their relationship as well. Val had moved in completely and I think he wanted to propose to her if I'm not mistaken. We had all gone out a few nights ago and papa seemed so nervous, so I figured it out.