Thirty-six.

⚠️TW-blood/violence

⚠️TW-blood/violence.

There was a welcoming chill in the air. I had to meet Katerina and her father today. I wanted a proper review of the deal I was making with Harolds.

There was a lot to prepare when it comes to a shipment of this magnitude. Hayes and I are the number one distributors in New York. If anything, I would need him on my side for something like this.

Harolds was informed prior to this that I would be involving Hayes. It would be another one of our many partnerships.

So far, 6 of the Capello-owned bars and taverns have been incinerated. Yet there has still been no sign of James anywhere. He's bound to pop up sometime soon. Seeing Katerina more often made it so much more prominent that I needed to find James and neuter him. I need to do this to clear my head, clear my conscience. Even though killing him would never undo what happened to my Katerina, it'll bring me some kind of peace knowing that the man who was responsible is gone for good, at my hands.

As the cold New York air filled my now empty house, I saw it was 11am and I should go over to the Hayes house.

I called Jaxon, who was busy at the bars today filing paperwork and sorting out licenses as tariffs were due.

I made my way to Hayes' mansion.

Today was a particularly quiet day for Hayes and he needed to discuss this deal with me. We would have a clean split of the money if Katerina didn't find any faults.

His office door was opened and I've been in this house too many times to fucking knock.

I walked in and a cloud of smoke filled the room from Hayes' cigar.

"ah Kingston, thought you bailed on our date." Hayes said.

I smiled.

"I would never. I consider myself a gentleman."

He poured me a glass of whisky and I cocked my head to look at him.

"it's 5pm somewhere." he said.

I took a swig and felt the burning sensation travel down my throat.

"where's your principessa?" I asked, and Hayes let out a chuckle.

"on her way down. I think she went to see Lo this morning."

My body quelled with rage and my blood began to burn. I had my fists tightly clenched and I could feel my jaw tightening.

He got her hurt. Nearly killed. All because he had to put his fucking dick in someone that he didn't know to make himself feel better. Motherfucker.

She was still so loyal to him. I hated it. He didn't fucking deserve her loyalty. He's immature, a child. He deserved it when I shot him. I wish I could've killed him. Sometimes I forget that I'm not a part of this family yet. I have no right to do certain things.