Nineteen.

It's been a strange and emotion filled few days

It's been a strange and emotion filled few days. I saw Axle last on Sunday and I could tell he was avoiding coming here.

It was now Wednesday and Aly's party was in 2 days. We were all pretty excited and I've been seeing Carter everyday since Sunday.

He would stop by, just to see me then leave. He never came to my room. Or flung my door open. Or touched my hair. And he never spoke rough words in my ear. I was starting to miss that.

I kept telling myself that we did the right thing. Because we did.

No matter what happened, and no matter how I felt about Axle Kingston, I loved my brother and all I want is for him to be happy. When I saw Lo with the bruise on his face a couple days back, I realized that Axle would have to stop his possessiveness over me.

I spent most of the time in my room. I watched Vampire diaries for the 50th time and enjoyed my own company. My papa was busy, Aly was busy and there really was no one else I wanted to interact with.

Except Matteo.

He wasn't home much, he was busy at the warehouses but when he came home he would sit in my room and we'd talk till the sun came up.

I couldn't risk telling him about Axle, so I never did. But that feeling when something is eating at you, and the only one you would want to talk to about it is the one person you can't talk to. And that really sucked.

Matteo was an idiot, but he understood what it felt like to be alone. Not so much alone, but lonely.

I loved being around my family, and I wasn't short of a single thing but sometimes you can be surrounded by people and still feel alone. And I guess that's the way it felt now.

That night played in my mind over and over again. It was the right thing to do.

I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and go downstairs. This time, I didn't just glue my happy face on. I felt good.

It was Wednesday afternoon. My papa was in meetings the whole day but everyone was going to be home tonight. Lo and Matteo. So I decided to plan a family dinner.

I texted Lo and told him not to eat on the way home.

I called our housekeeper, Luisa and she helped me chop whatever vegetables needed chopping.

I had chicken roasting, potatoes steaming and vegetables sautéing. The smells filled the entire house. Whenever I got in front of the stove I thought of my mother. She was the one who taught me how to make the basic things.

I wasn't a good cook, I'll admit it but the few things I could make, I made to perfection. Roast chicken was one of those things.

I handpicked rosemary from the garden and started setting up.

It was now past 7pm and my mother came downstairs for dinner.

After the table was set I called my papa and yelled at him to rush home. He was there in about 20 minutes.