Forty-one.

It was around 2am when we left the Hayes' house

It was around 2am when we left the Hayes' house. We were a bit drunk. We had all burst into laughter after what Katerina did tonight.

She was wine drunk and telling me what Alita had said to her. She looked nervous, and she never used any curse words. She's so innocent. Pure. I just want to build an impenetrable wall around her heart, so the world doesn't break it.

And if I were going to fuck anyone, it would be her.

Her ass drives me crazy in jeans.

It was dangerous for Jax and I to go home so drunk. I tried to keep him sober but it turns out him and Hayes get along really well and they were very busy dancing together. Which is why I had plenty alone time to be with my Katerina.

I can't be like this any longer. I have to have her. It's a need beyond my understanding. I want her to need me. I want to be the only one in her life. I am greedy for her. I'll keep her away from anyone. She will be mine to look at, mine to touch. And she'll never want to leave.

I always come back to the thought of tying her to my bed and handfeeding her. I always think of what she'd look like, spread eagled in my bed.

I kissed her on the forehead before I left. She gave me that smile. Damn that smile of hers.

Driving home, I kept looking at the ring she gave me. I want her. I want to marry her. I want my future with her. I want to come home to her, touch her, have it all with her. And I want her now.

"Jax, do you think I should ask Hayes for Katerina's ha-"

"yes. Oh fuck, yes of course you should do that." he exclaimed, very dramatically.

"you think it's a good idea?"

"well it might be a bit complicated. He trusts you, a lot. He may only want to be partners, not family."

"that's something to think about." I said, and grit my teeth.

"but then again, he's the type of guy who'd only want Katerina to be happy. And he knows you'd be able to do that."

I smiled.

"no one can actually fucking afford that girl." I said.

He nodded.

"but you have to think of it from his point as well. I mean, Katerina is his favorite child. It'd be hard for him to let her go, especially before time. And maybe he already has a list of men for her."

I tightened my grip on the wheel.

"there's no one good enough for her. Not even me. But I love her Jax, and I'll do whatever it takes."

He was silent, and he studied me.

"what?" I ask.

"oh nothing. It's just so... crazy to see a Don so whipped."