Thirty.

I felt a cool rush of air brushing over my exposed leg

I felt a cool rush of air brushing over my exposed leg. I was in one of Axle's shirts which fit like a dress on me but I didn't mind and he didn't either. The fact that he uses Hugo Boss to sleep wasn't that shocking to me.

When I opened my eyes which felt like they were glued shut, I noticed Axle wasn't with me. He wouldn't have left for work without waking me up so he must be around somewhere.

I rubbed my eyes harshly and went to the bathroom to treat my wound. It isn't close to healing yet but it's now day 2 of my residency with Mr Kingston and I would have to make my way back home soon.

After dressing the wound and brushing my teeth, I tried to style my hair. I'll be honest, I haven't felt pretty in the last few days, being stabbed and all. I need my clothes and I want my shampoo.

As I made my way downstairs, I was hit with the lovely scent of bacon and eggs.

I expected to see a chef at the stove, but what I saw was better. A shirtless, back muscle flexing Axle Kingston. His joggers sat low on his waist and I know he wasn't shirtless because he didn't have any shirts to wear. The man was shirtless because he wanted me to look. So I didn't.

"you're quite the chef." I said, and he turned around with a mug in his hand.

"you're quite the sleeper." he said and gave me a smirk.

"did I miss anything?" I asked and eyed the stove.

"nothing serious." he said, and faced his back to me. I am internally swooning.

"shouldn't you be at work?" I asked, and sat down at the stool near him.

"took the day off for you." he said, with a hint of politeness. That was one of the rare times Axle spoke like a human being, with a gentle voice. We treasure these occurrences of his niceness.

"that's sweet of you. Are you taking me out?"

"no, you'll spend all my money." he said, and laughed.

I did not laugh. I did not find that funny.

"I would've bought you something too. Maybe a shirt, poor guy, standing here and cooking without one. I feel so bad." I said with a sarcastic tone.

"keep running your fucken mouth and see what happens." he said, his voice menacing, threatening. Anyone would be scared. But I was not afraid of Axle Kingston. I held him in the palm of my hand.

"and what exactly would happen hm? Are you threatening me?" I asked, and he had a devilish smirk on his face for some reason.

"yes." he answered plainly.

"you're drinking coffee? I thought you were allergic to any liquid other than whisky." I said and he scoffed.

"I'm trying something new." he said, and I followed his eyes to the coffee machine which was the exact same one I have at home.