Twenty-seven

Evening came and Hayes had left

Evening came and Hayes had left. I sat in the room by her side and doctor Warner sat with me. We waited patiently for her to wake up.

Jaxon had gone out to find Alyssa but I could tell he was worried about Katerina.

I honestly couldn't fucking think of anything else, so I wasn't even thinking of Alyssa and all her bullshit.

It was around 9pm. I think the only thing I ingested today was whiskey and nicotine. There was a light buzz in my head and it was helping with this fucking mess we're in.

I couldn't fucking sit still so I wet a cloth and wiped her hair. Her face was clear and bruised on the right side. I looked at the blood soaked cloth from wiping her hair and something dark curled in my stomach.

I walked downstairs and rammed my fist into the wall. My mind had never been this cluttered before. All I wanted to know was who the fuck did this.

I poured myself another double and ended up throwing my fucking glass at the wall. I'll admit, I have quite the temper and some pretty bad ways of expelling it.

The glass stained the floor like a fucking crime scene and I ran my hands through my hair. I need to stay focused. I need to prepare for what's coming. I stare at the glass pieces, hold my palms to my eyes. I need the world to stop for a minute so I can catch up. How the fuck did this happen?

I needed to do something to calm down because there was nothing stopping me from getting in my car and shooting all the fucking Capello's one by one.

I decided to change my clothes and work on my Boss 429. I guess there wasn't much to do but I could play around with the engine, like I did when I was a kid.

I got out my tools and opened the garage. I popped the hood and began to work. It reached 11pm and this didn't fucking help, I could still only think of her and what she must've went through. Each time I blinked, I could only see her blood stained face. Each moment that was too quiet, I could only hear my voice in my head telling me I failed. I fucked up. My conscience would eat me alive because of this.

Hayes must be seething. I know it. He probably can't believe something like this fucking happened to a Don's daughter. Shit like this doesn't happen. No one would be so stupid to voluntarily start a war with the Hayes family. It's why I can't focus. I don't know what to expect.

I closed up the garage and noticed I was covered in grease.

As I went upstairs to change, I walked in my room and took a look at her. She is so beautiful, it's fucking annoying. With a cut face, she's still the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on.

I sighed heavily at the sight of her like this.

I changed my clothes and walked downstairs and put some ice on my hand that I flung through the wall. I picked up the glass pieces and waited patiently for her to wake up. I lost two very expensive glasses today.