Twenty-nine

I think waking up next to her was the best feeling I'd felt in a long fucking time

I didn't want to leave her, but the sound of that fuckers name in her mouth made me want to claw my hands into someone's chest and pull. I feel like the darkness of my thoughts only dissipate when I'm with her.

As I walked into Hayes' bar, I'm pretty sure I saw him hiss with anger. He spat some rough Italian over the phone then hung up when he saw me.

"Kingston. Thanks for meeting me." he said and pulled a chair.

"no thanks necessary. Where's Lo?" I asked, and grit my teeth.

"should be here soon." he said, and poured himself a glass of vanilla scented whisky.

"how is she?" he asked, vulnerable as ever.

"she's alright. House is surrounded, she's walking around too." I said, and wondered what he would do if he found out we shared a bed. He'd probably shoot me, there was no need to wonder.

"hm, that's good to hear." he said, and a smile crossed his face.

I ran my hand over my jaw.

"she gave me a name." I said, and he nodded.

"don't say it Kingston, I swear to God, I'll start burning this fucking city right now if I hear his name." he said, with anger I hadn't ever seen before.

"how do you want to handle it?" I asked.

"I want to murder my own son, so I don't think I should be handling it at all." he uttered.

"you want me to fix things?" I asked. I saw him twitch. I worried about Hayes and his anger problems, I didn't know the kind of repercussions it could have on his health.

"I like your style son, it's more...heated. I think these bastards need to be smoked out. Start on 8th street, I'm declaring war here Kingston, with you by my side. You up for it?" he asked, my blood boiled with adrenaline.

"for her, I'll turn this whole city to ash." I said, and he smiled. Knowing full well that alone, I could do it without anything in the way. But with Hayes by my side, I can't even fucking explain that amount of power. They'd bow to us. The gods would envy that kind of control.

"that's the spirit. Get Agnello involved too. I haven't heard from him in a while, I'm not sure what happened with Katerina." he said. I wondered it as well. When I spoke to Vincent last, he told me he had a deal to handle through the agency when he bought a new hotel and he met Carter. He didn't fail to mention that they didn't get along well at all. When Vin didn't like someone, his face did a really bad job at hiding it. I liked that about him. I wonder what would happen if I told him about this shit with the Capello's. He'd come from Milan with an army, even though he didn't know Kat at all.

"what else is there to do?" I asked him and he looked over at the city of New York, that rested in the palms of our hands.

"found a fucker, outside my house. Thought I should set an example" he said, and motioned me into his bar.