Twenty-one.

He looked pure Italian

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

He looked pure Italian. His hair was brown, he was tall and had a buff body. He was dressed in a plain white shirt and jeans. He looked as if he was in the wrong place.

Then his eyes met Alyssa's. And everything clicked in my head.

The music continued to play, but people's eyes followed this man as he made his way to Alyssa.

Axle stepped closer, and the ballroom started to clear out. It was just a few of my uncles, Lo, my papa, Jax, Axle Carter, Aly and I.

The air in the room was thickening and no one said a single word until everyone had left.

"Brendan?" Aly spoke, and looked as if she saw a ghost.

"Alyssa. My God you look stunning." his voice spoke, and he sounded Italian through and through.

Lo looked as if he were about to throw a heavy punch, but Axle inched closer to them.

"Brendan, what the fuck are you doing here?" Axle said, as calmly as possible but I knew he would snap any second. I could see it in his posture, the set of his jaw, the way the veins bulged over his hands. He was uncomfortable, flush with anger.

"I'm here to speak to Alyssa, not you" he said, this boy was either very brave, or just very stupid. And I believe it was the latter.

"the fuck you are. What are you doing in New York? Who even let you in here? Get the fuck out, now." Axle said, his voice was the worst I've ever heard it. He was slowly releasing his anger with every word.

Brendan backed away, but he wasn't leaving. I think he moved because he realised he was too close to Axle, which probably wasn't a good idea.

"I love her, Axle. You know I love her." he said. I nearly fell over, my father just looked at his watch and all I could see was Axle's jaw tightening.

I walked over and took Aly away. Things were about to get very, very ugly.

"come, we'll handle this in the boardroom. Like proper gentlemen." my papa said and my uncles began to walk over to the boardroom, my father behind them. Lo looked over at me, then at Alyssa. He looked broken.

Jaxon took Brendan by his shoulder and began to walk. I could hear the rain hitting against the windows.

I walked over to him. I could see his blood bubbling under his skin. He was about to lose his mind. I could tell. This was going to ruin everything. The vein in his forehead was becoming more and more prominent.

"Axle, you need to handle this properly" I said, and I could tell he didn't want to listen to me.

He glanced at the window and saw it was pouring outside. He removed his coat and draped it over my arms.

"take her, get out of here. And text me when you're home safe, yeah?" he said, but he didn't look at me, and his hands were now clenched into fists.

I grabbed onto it. Knowing full well I shouldn't be doing this.