Four.

It felt good to be home

It felt good to be home. Meeting Kingston last night was weird. His entire existence was weird.

The party cleared up and my mom, dad and brother and I sat in the first living room and spoke about my trip to London.

"did you like the studio?" my father joked. "you know I hated it. There was a weird tap and I couldn't have my shopping sprees without looking suspicious." I said and they laughed.

My eyes shot to my mother's. "I missed you mama, all your novelas. Did I miss anything interesting?" I said to her. Hopeful that she'd give me a shred of love.

"no." she said. Monotone. The room died silent and I heard my heart break. "are you excited your son is getting married?" I tried again with her. "very." she said and woke up to leave.

I let out a heavy sigh and rested my head on my fathers shoulder. He placed a kiss on my forehead. "don't worry mija. You tried. Tell me, did any man bother you in London? Do I need to send my men?" he asked and I laughed.

"no man bothered me but I made some friends. The last semester was tough but I enjoyed it. I even got drunk at the graduation party" I said and he slapped my head lightly. I laughed.

"I didn't need to know that. Anyway you're back now. I needed you to approve my contracts. Without you I didn't even know the current interest rate." he said.

"of course you didn't. I'll sort through your contracts tomorrow." I said and stood up. "goodnight mija. I'll sleep better knowing you're across the hall." papa said to me.

I crawled into my bed and Carlos followed me.

"you missed me?" I asked him and he kissed my cheek. "no, I hate you Katerina. You know that." he said and sat on my bed.

"so, you're ready to get married?" I asked him. And he sighed.

"she's great. She's fun, I like her hair. I just want to fall in love with her you know?" he said. He was genuine.

"wait, you're not the Lo I remember. You're...mature?"I said to him and he laughed.

"I think it's time. I want to have a kid." he said and my mouth dropped opened.

"WHAT?" I yelled and he shushed me. "shut up, you're going to wake them up." he said and smiled. "but yeah, I want to be a dad and just love them. I see UT with her." he said and smiled.

"I'm proud of you Lo. Really. I want the same you know, just a decent husband." I said and sighed.

"I don't think there's any man that walks this earth that your father would think is good enough for you." he said and I sighed again.

"ain't that the truth." I said and he laughed.

"Lo, this partnership with Kingston. How long has it been going on for?" I asked.

"a little after you left. About 5 months now. It's been going well, Capello's caused some shit, brought them together." he said and woke up to leave. It was well past 1am now and I would be asleep in seconds.