Twenty.

As my alarm rang for 12am, I called Aly quickly to wish her a happy birthday

As my alarm rang for 12am, I called Aly quickly to wish her a happy birthday. She mumbled into the phone and I faded off to sleep again.

It was now 9am, the house was buzzing. My father was picking up my Nonna from the airport. Nonna was hands down my favorite person in the world. She taught me everything there was to know, she was a free spirit and she never believed in men. For literally anything, she screwed in her own light bulbs, mowed the lawn herself and ran her entire household.

That was until she met my grandfather.

He took care of her in every way possible. He died, 7 years ago and it dulled her so much. He was all she had and we all knew it. He rested in Milan and that was why she never moved with us to New York after he passed.

She was coming today, her flight was getting in around 1 and my father was excited to have her home but he never admitted that. Men.

My Nonna and mama never got along. At all. She wanted my papa to leave my mother after what happened around 10 years back. She even told me when I was old enough that my mother was only part of the family for financial support. She even explained what a gold digger was, fully and in complete detail. I never saw that quality in my mother, she was used to always getting things from my father to make her happy. No matter what it cost. I think for her it was the security of knowing she'll always be financially stable. She'd never want, never have to work hard or worry at all about making ends meet. For her, my father was financial freedom. She never really cared for him, but she didn't spend his money much either. I don't know what to think when it comes to her.

I was looking forward to seeing my Nonna. She takes all the worries away.

I rolled out of bed and brushed my teeth, this morning I let my hair down and walked downstairs.

There were people walking in and out of the house with gifts for Aly and my Nonna.

I saw my father at the kitchen island looking at the paper. He was looking at it but his mind was out the window.

"morning papa." I said to him and he lifted his head. "ah, morning bella. You need anything before I head out?" he asked and I thought for a second then shook my head no.

"bring Nonna straight home. I'll be doing her hair and makeup for tonight" I said and he looked at me strangely.

"I thought I paid people to do that for you." he said and I smiled. "no, you pay for the stuff I use. I can call a stylist though, if you want. You seem to be in a spendy mood." I said and nodded to all the gifts he bought for Aly.

"oh shit, I forgot. I need to fetch a gift from the mall. Please stop on the way for me. I'll text you the details" I said and he nodded.

He walked over to me, kissed my cheek then left.

I think I'm alone at home, I haven't spoken to my mother in quite a while.

A few more of our guards walked in and left gifts for Aly.