Sixteen.

I rolled out of bed at 10am

I rolled out of bed at 10am. I was late. I never wake up on time so there was no use trying. Sometimes I blame my father for my laziness. He introduced me to this life of luxury, of never working too hard. He gave me everything he never had.

I picked up my phone and saw a text from an unsaved number. I slid my thumb across the screen to unlock it.

"good morning. I will pick you up at 6, our reservation is at 6.30 at Le Bernadin. See you tonight. - C.A"

I smiled, and giggled like a schoolgirl. I was very excited, and impressed by his choice of restaurant.

He sent the message 3 hours ago. He's going to think I'm lazy, and he won't want to marry me.

I responded, "good morning, sorry for responding so late, I went for a run around 7 and never checked my phone. Looking forward to tonight" I replied and sent a smiley face.

That was a lie but it made me sound good. That's the purpose of a lie. To save one's butt.

I opened the caller app and dialed Aly.

She picked up on the third ring. "Alyssa Kingston, how may I assist?" she said and I laughed. "date tonight, hot fed. Need your help" I said to her and rubbed my eye. "how hot?" she asked. "Daniel Gillies hot." I said to her. She was silent for a second. "I'll be there in an hour." she said.

I ended the call and walked to my bathroom. I put on cruel summer and put my hair in a bun. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, danced around a bit then walked to my closet. After Lo moved out, my father broke down the wall separating our rooms and made my closet bigger. So it was 2 rooms in one I guess.

I ruffled through all my dresses. I knew Aly would pick something nice.

I walked downstairs, the house was quiet. I figured my dad wasn't here.

After about 2 hours, Aly was there.

It was now well past 1pm. I had 5 hours to get ready. That seemed decent. She came with a driver so I assumed Axle was busy.

"I'm here, I'm here to rescue you." she said to me.

"thank God." I said to her and hugged her. "I hope you never ate anything" she said to me. "I had a granola bar and some coffee." I said to her.

"let's go see what we're working with." she said and we walked upstairs.

"so it's Le Bernadin." she said and smiled. I smiled back. "fancy, right?" I said and she nodded. "way too fancy for a first date. Anyway it's hot and you can't dress too casual, so maybe a short summery dress?" she said.

I ruffled through my dresses.

"I have a plain red dior, short but strappy. Not too formal." I said to her.

"well show me." she said and I took it out. I placed it against my body.

"that's the one." she said and her eyes glistened.