Painfully Oblivious | Jean x (Harrassed) Reader

Prompt- reader is getting harassed and Jean doesn't notice

Modernized timeline
Also some uncomfortable talk

It wasn't about the clothes. The uniforms were identical no matter the person wearing them. The gear all looked and functioned the same exact way. Yet, you could never go a training session without getting at-least one comment. The first time this had happened you were surprised but now it just seemed like something that was bound to happen - like rain or a red light at an intersection. All of the girls had the same experiences but after a few attempts at talking to their squad leaders, you gave up, hoping they'd die on a mission or something so they'd stop.

Common logic would suggest that after someone got a boyfriend the comments would stop, the commenters not wanting to encroach on 'another mans girl' yet things didn't happen this way. If anything, they got worse. Every other sentence was broken apart by a whisper behind you as they said something vile. Months went by like this, days ticking past as you lost count of the things that were said.

Surprisingly, Jean never noticed. The comments always roared up when the two of you were together. Nosey people wanting to know 'how she is in bed' and 'how those boobs look when they-" and so on. All the while Jean remained oblivious. Until one day the truth smacked him in the face.

You sat in the mess hall, eating dinner with Jean. The two of you often did this, meeting after training and eating dinner together. This dinner was different though, eyes were on you and him as you ate; the gossiping happening all the while. You were ready to get out of there and almost jumped out of your seat as you finished your last bite.

"Hey Jean." a cadet approached us at the table. "I've sure you've heard the talk and-"

"Talk? What talk?" Jean asked as the other dude chuckled a little.

"Come on, you had to have noticed."

"I don't know what your talking about so no, I really didn't notice. What is it?"

"Well that's what I wanted to come talk to you about." You felt gross, knowing what was about to happen. "I was hoping you'd let me get some. Bros share right?"

"Share what? My food? No go get your own." Jean dismissed.

"Well I guess food in a sense," the man smirked as you grimaced. "But i'm referring to her." he motioned to you and Jean looked over. You watched as his eyes dawned in recognition and a harsh frown sprouted on him face.

"No." Jean said with harsh finality.

"But-"

"No!"

By now everyone was looking, not that they weren't before but now it was more obvious. Jean stood up harshly, pushing his tray and the table. You stayed sitting beside him.

"Your absolutely disgusting. How could you ever fucking think i'd share someone with you let alone Y/n. They're mine. Find your own but guessing by how you treat women and what you look like in the locker room it's never going to happen. You disgust me. Don't ever ask me something like that again or I will shove my foot so far up your ass you can taste it!"

The guy scrambled off and you stood up, ready to calm Jean down.

"And all of you!" He pointed to the rest of the people in the room. "Be decent human beings and shut the fuck up. What Y/n and I do is none of your business. She is a person not and object for you to use as you please. Next time I hear something gross come out of one of your mouths I will be talking to superiors after I splatter your blood on the pavement outside! Clear?!"

Nods came from the crowd as Jean gently grabbed your hand and lead you out of the mess hall. You walked through the halls until you reached his room, letting him open the door and pull you inside. He immediately grabbed a pillow off his bed and dropped it above his foot and kicked it midair.

"God damnit! I can't get his stupid fucking words out of my head. How can someone be so vile and stupid. As if i'd just go 'here have her' he mocked. I swear to god ill kill him."

"Well we can't do that." you consoled.

"I'm really sorry about what he said. It's gross and I would never in a million years suggest something like that."

"It's okay Jean. Plus i'm use to it and I know you wouldn't do something like that."

"Use to it?"

"Yeah it's been going on for forever. Me and some other girls tried talking to some squad leaders but they didn't do shit."

"Thats fucked up. I could talk to mine, Levi might be stoic but I know he wouldn't let it continue."

"Yeah I suppose you could try him. But O wanna get off this topic. Let's talk about something else."

"Seriously thought Y/n, want you to know that I respect and love you. I don't see you as an object to showcase or something for my pleasure. I see you as an amazing women and i'm honored to be by your side." Jean confessed.

"I know Jean. I feel the same way about you. Now, let's do something else to get our minds off it."

"Okay but I will be talking to captain about it as soon as possible."

As promised Jean talked to Captain Levi who had absolutely no tolerance for the cadets' behavior. The following day they have a little lesson on respect and how to treat one another, Jean given the please of 'teaching' them.
From that day forward the whispers were nonexistent and you and Jean were left to be together in peace.

a/n- hello beautiful people, i am sorry for the slightly uncomfortable theme of this story but it is a real issue and i think this is how jean would react

side note- i'm sorry for not feeding the Jean simps recently

how are you doing?

your stunning