Chapter 36

♡━━━━━━ ◦ ✤ ◦ ━━━━━━♡

TW: mention of blood, death and Arachnophobia is included.

A Spider

Call me childish but..I have a phobia in spiders, Arachnophobia. I had a dog back when I was Sumiko, well it was the orphanage's dog. I was really close with the dog to the point that me and Onee-sama treated him like family, he liked me the most and was with me since the day I entered the orphanage. His name was Butter, because he was a golden retriever.

I love him so much, he was a bestfriend to me. Whenever I slept beside Onee-sama, he'd get in between the two of us. I'd give him baths, give him extra food, go hiking at the back with him.

We let him freely run in the yard of the orphanage but one day after I returned from school I couldn't find him. The director said that he must have run off, I was 7 years old at the time. A few days past and Butter didn't come back home.

I was getting worried but the director said he was doing everything he can to find Butter and he really was. When the weekend rolled in, us children were playing in the yard. I was looking for the spare wheelbarrow so that we could ride and play with it.

I went inside the shed but then it reeked horribly. I was a child, a very curious child so I went to look for the cause as to why it was so bad so that I could tell the director about it. I found a small hole but large enough for someone my size to crawl in.

So I did, I covered my nose and crawled and crawled, it got darker since there was no light in that small space. At the end of the hole was a much larger space, it was the room to the unused part of the shed that was locked till future use but it scarred me, I remembered every detail of it.

Inside were gardening tools, I found out that's where the unused tools were stored. Butter must have crawled in and..got in an accident with the automatic wood chipper.

The room was dark red almost black, stained with the Butter's blood. Half of it's body was on the floor and I saw a large spider just eating on it and it even laid eggs, some of it were even hatching and crawling near me. 

It ate my dog...It ate my bestfriend...It ate my family.

I unconsciously used my Acoustikinesis since when I screamed, it broke the shed and everything in it. I've gotten better at handling my phobia but it stills scares me.

They found out I was terrified of spiders when I saw one at the classroom and I busted an overly large hole in the wall because of it and in the same time, a few tears fell from my eyes.

I panicked and swatted the Spider away from my face. Ty went in and moved the spider away from where we were. I just  stared at the ground with tears falling from my eyes.

*drip*

..how funny, it just started raining. It was really sunny earlier...

"Euphie, breathe." Sel hugged me and patted my back. I closed my eyes and calmed my breaths.

"*exhale* Thank you, I'm fine now." I smiled at them as they looked at me worriedly.

"Are you really fine, Euphie-sama??Do you want to go? Do you want someone else to be the representative? I'm sure there's someone here that would be willing-" Sir Albercht ranted.

"I'm fine, really." I laughed.

"Positive?" Mara checked and I nodded.

"Huh, the rain stopped right when Euphie stopped crying. Just like that day...You can definitely control the weather." Basil nodded his head seriously talking about the day I cried and Sel smacked him instead.

 "Pfft-" I snorted.

*ringg*

"Remember what we said ok Euphie." Ty patted my head, his mouth pursed together. I swatted his hand and narrowed my eyes at him.

"I will and can you pleaseee stop reminding me of my height?!" Then they burst out laughing, I playfully rolled my eyes and got inside the carriage with Sir Albercht. The both of us were wearing our uniforms.

"Please tell me when you feel like you want to rest first." He smiled at me worriedly.

"Oh don't you worry, I'm truly fine." I waved my hand in dismissal.

"Nevermind about what happened earlier, I heard you are planning on taking Mara out, hmm??" I wiggled my eyebrows. He coughed and blushed red.

"Yes, *ehem* it is her birthday coming up, I plan on taking her to town to find out what she wants for her birthday. Maybe she'd slip a hint in between during that day." 

I grinned at him, yeah we knew he was planning on taking her out on a date. We also plan to stalk them during their date and make sure he doesn't mess anything up and find ideas as well as to what to buy her for her birthday as well.

We already prepared out disguises for that day. 

"Well, good luck with that Sir Albercht." I smiled cheekily.

"*sigh* I do hope I find something." He smiled back, his eyes had a glint of determination. This is why we approve of him for Mara, his feelings for her are genuine.

I was glad I drank flying sickness medicine before riding the carriage. The first day when I got to Crestbreeze, I didn't know that Ashton already made me drank the flying medicine just in case.

After a while we finally arrived at the Institue.

To be Continued . . .