Chapter 62

They fixed styled my hair in a low braided bun with hair framing the sides of my face and some loose strands on the back.

I held a small bag to keep some of my essentials and wore the detector on my wrist. The shoes matched my hair and were the perfect pair for the dress I was wearing.

" *sigh* I shall be off now. " I bid the four of them goodbye as I was being escorted by a knight to the ball.

Another day, more dramas to come.

'The weather is quite cold tonight' I thought. I was being escorted by..no one. I don't need an escort. Basil is escorting Selina, Ty is escorting Ryza, and Albercht is escorting his fiance, Mara.

Well..if I were to be completely honest, my current fiances did send me a letter that they would be escorting me and even a gown to match but I don't really need a man right now. Especially since I haven't married those idiots back in Empyrean. 

Yes, I am already betrothed.

I do have Fiances that I promised to marry when I was Rheanna. I don't know if they married someone else now since I died or rather slept before I could meet them again when they were in Elysianvarld, the new planet in Universe IX that was in the process of being made. they were the Vividus Elementum. I guess I did kind of like them but the arranged marriage was for power reasons.

I'm not quite sure..but I did have a secret crush on them. I never acted out on my feelings though. After what happened to those eight..Astorazel included, I decided not to add feelings too much. Astorazel loved someone incerdibly that he was willing to share her with six other Gods..

But alas, Goddess Ellowyn..the Goddess whom I treated as a mother..died. She is now nothing but an Empyr Seed, the core of a God.

. . .

I was going to attend the ball just for a quick while before scouting the inner buildings and placing more surveillance. I want this year to end so I could go back to the Velmont Kingdom.

"Good Evening, Euphie-sama." Student's from my academy bid me as I got down from the carriage. My room was quite far from the entrance which was why Aine was adamant that I'd ride a carriage.

I eventually agreed so here I am now, donned in my green gown. I stood in front of the doors where the announcer would announce those who are coming in. I'm very punctual as I arrived just in time before the Imperial Family did so the announcer did not have time to announce my name. 

'Perfect~' I thought.

But with the Imperial Family are the group of boys that were emitting the strong magical aura that I have been noticing for a while now. To add to it, Rhoshit is standing with them. Though my magic is just itching to destroy her now, I'm sure Astorazel did not make her an easy target.

He's always been sneaky. There's more to that charm bracelet than what I know since the limited runes that I could see enchanted into it are complicated ones. I don't get why but it's almost as if the fact that it fluctuates is part of its design.

"Announcing The Sun, the Center of our Empire, the Svetlana Imperial Family! with them The Future Rulers of the Six Great Kingdoms!" 

'Future rulers..wouldn't that be Euphemia's err my fiances? So those boys are them?' I raised a brow in suspicion.

I remembered that they sent me a gown and usually, it is because they would want to match with you. I didn't look at what color it was but what a coincidence that all nine of us are wearing the exact shade of green.

Two of them seem to have the same water elemental magic as I do, I could tell from their body temperature as water mages have colder bodies than most people do. Next to the coldest would be the Air mages, Earth mages are neutral and the Fire mages have hotter temperatures.

Nonetheless, we would be unaffected by it.

I felt a prickling sensation on my skin, I searched where it was coming from and it was from them. They were shamelessly staring at me, bearing it through my head.

I didn't relent and took their challenge of who can stare at the other person longer. I won of course.

The thing was, they were heading towards me. I took this as a signal to leave. I have stayed in here for long enough. I saw Selina and signaled to her that I would be heading out. She nodded her head in understanding and so I subtly used my Acoustikinesis to quickly get out of the scene.

Not before planting one magical orb of surveillance in the Ballroom. 

Once I was out, I looked back to see they weren't following me anymore. In fact, I don't even see them. 

I breathed a sigh of relief and proceeded to do what I was supposed to do. I planted another surveillance orb by the garden so if anyone wants to do..rated things behind the bushes, unfortunately, you would be seen and recorded.

I have about 29 orbs already planted, I have 171 left. 

It was fun walking around the campus. I must say though I am not in favor of this Academy, the view is truly beautiful. I can see the Imperial Palace from here and its splendid glory.

I was alive when they first built the Palace.. its history of it is quite admirable.

'Euphie-sama.' Siva called out.

'Yes?'

'The nest, I can feel it. Though it is very faint.. it's near.' He said.

'Which direction??'

'Northeast, but I must warn you Euphie-sama. It feels as if it has been sealed but the seal won't last long. Maybe a few weeks at most, I can't pinpoint where it is exactly but I don't think we can open it.' 

'That means..we must wait for it to open on its own.'

'Unfortunately so..'

' *sigh* What a pain..'

"What made you sigh so heavily? 

" That damn nest, I can't open it yet and I have to wait a few shitty weeks before being able to seal it permanently." I blurted out in frustration.

I think I might have gotten whiplash from how fast I turned my head to see who went undetected to even be able to creep up at me.

"A lovely evening isn't it, Princess Euphemia? I am the Crown Prince of the Voidbend Kingdom, Wyland Lucius Voidbend."

"Ah..a fiance."

To be Continued . . .