Chapter 37

┌─── ・ 。゚★: *.☪ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Sir Albercht offered his hand to help me down the carriage, once I step foot down I could feel the immense magical presence.

So this is the Citrine Imperial Magic Institute..it is pretty huge. I can see why they named it that way, This place is abundant in Citrine gemstones. 

"..Sir Albercht, are we maybe...late?" I asked as I looked around, there were no students nor instructors where we're at. I can hear their voices but it was coming from further inside the institute.

"Ha ha..I think so." He laughed is a slightly awkward way.

"Crestbreeze Academy representatives?" A woman came out of the door wearing a white coat. We nodded our heads and she beamed.

"Thank God! I'm assigned to bring you to the pre-examination hall, we only have two minutes left before it officially begins, the rest of the representatives are inside, follow me." 

I walked the same pace as them, well..they were running but to me its more like a fun walk. 

"Oh no, I don't think we'll make it." The woman worried.

"It's fine, I have teleportation." Sir Albercht said.

"We can't use magic without authorization here!" She panicked.

"We can make it, just hold my hand." I said.

"What?? no, we really can't use any type of magi-"

"It's not magic..Do you think you can carry us both?" Sir Albercht interjected.

"Positive." I smiled, I grabbed then carried both of them.

"Woah!" The woman yelled.

"...Mara was right, you really are strong." He flabbergasted, I laughed and then ran. I didn't know where to go but I listened to where the sound was coming from and followed it. I made sure to stop at the front of the door.

-Third Person POV-

"Is Crestbreeze not joining?"

"Pfft- they have two minutes left, I doubt they'd make it."

"They never reached the top anyway, those who attend that Academy is full of brawn and no brain, so maybe they just didn't want to embarrass themselves this year."

They continued to insult Crestbreeze Academy except for the representatives of Whytemoon— Prince Olysseus Callahan Velmont, Crown Prince of the Velmont Kingdom. In fact, they were lowering their voices just to not disturb him.

Meanwhile their Female representative was also very well known, Imperial Princess Epione Rhosyn Isabella Svetlana. 

"Please don't say that, you might not know they didn't want to compete this year because no one was really willing." She faked concern in which the gullible crowd fell for and thought she really was defending Crestbreeze.

"No one was willing because they all know that they are not capable enough." Then they laughed once more.

Crestbreeze Academy is known for their strict demeanor and strong physical skills rather than smarts but that doesn't mean that they were academically weak. Crestbreeze Academy students are humble and doesn't start up a fight unless you physically provoke them.

Usually no one would want to insult them when they are in their presence, especially if you are in the same place where the Elites of the academy were which is their Student Council and Club presidents since they can silence you just by a stare down.

Same goes for the Whytemoon Academy but it mainly focuses on the royals.

"Last 30 seconds and they're out." One student snickered.

"Shut it" Olysseus who was peacefully sitting down while browsing through his phone chastised, annoyed.

The room fell silent then right outside of the door, the sound of a woman yelling and a loud thud. 

*Creak*

The woman came in patting her dress down.

"Please this way, representatives of Crestbreeze Academy." She curtsied.

First to come into view is someone the majority knew who was, The cousin of the crown prince of the Velmont Kingdom, Son of Duke Renauld, Albercht Elio Renauld. The next person to show present themselves shook the crowd.

They only knew her behind the name, Iris. The recent most popular idol, other's had a positive reaction.

"Who knew she was a student of Crestbreeze!"

"Oh my God! She's my bias!!"

"I just love the way she sings, ah~ it's like listening to an angel."

While others did not.

"This is not a place to sit and look pretty."

"Did they forget that there's a Magic Excellence test?"

"She's doesn't look all that."

Both Albercht and Euphemia remained unbothered and retained their straight-laced demeanor. When Albercht saw his cousin he told Euphie that he'd be right back after greeting him. Albrecht knew that Euphie does not recognize his cousin.

But he decided to leave it to them to deal with and non were his concern.

Even if Euphemia is an Idol, her life as an idol and a student were separate. She didn't need to pull on a façade and can remain as stoic as she wanted to. It is completely unintentional, by nature all of the students in Crestbreeze have a built in mechanism to be serious when out of their campus.

"WELCOME STUDENTS!" A plump old man appeared out of nowhere, the head of the imperial institute.

"We shall begin the Intellect Test, Ladies proceed to the door to your right and gentlemen to your left. Remember, this is all solely scored in accordance to your answers. The results are split by gender." He announced then disappeared.

Everyone followed what was told to them and headed to the examination rooms. Inside they were allowed to sit anywhere, Euphemia chose to sit at the first row, right infront of the examiner. 

A five page-back to back paper appeared before them, "You have a two hour time limit, everything here is heavily guarded for any signs of cheating. Once caught, you will no longer have a chance to continue. When you are done, you may pass your paper to me. You may begin...now."

To be Continued . . .

Want a spoiler? You will be able to read it on my profile (っ^▿^)