Chapter 49

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

-Third Person's POV-

Gerwitz escorted Euphemia to her dorm room, it has been over 10 hours and she was still asleep. Gerwitz told her to stay in and rest, while he was sitting in his office. Seisyll knocked on his office door.

"What is it?" He inquired while sorting his paperwork.

"The Emperor is here." Seisyll reported. Gerwitz pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

Gerwitz stood up and went along with Seisyll to properly greet the Emperor of the Empire. He remembered the treatment Mikhail did to Euphemia and it only made his mood worse.

The guards guarding the door announced his presence and pushed the doors open. The imposing aura of the Emperor made the people around tense but Gerwitz entered with his head up high.

"Greetings to the Sun of the Empire, His Imperial Majesty, Emperor of Svetlana." Gerwitz bowed.

"Marquis Crestbreeze, where is my daughter?" Mikhail demanded, his eyes boring into Gerwitz.

"It is true that I have stated in the letters that her Imperial Princess Euphemia had passed away, the High Priestess herself visited and blessed her body. But yesterday, Her Highness awoke but she is not in the best condition. She is currently recuperating so I hope your Imperial Majesty does not call for her."

"What? So..she truly d-died?" 

"Yes, your Imperial Majesty."

Mikhail went silent, he realized that if she didn't come back to life then he would have lost his child. The child he had scorned for most of her existence without much of a reason.

"I- I see, I want to see her.

"I'm sorry, your Imperial Majesty but, Princess Euphemia is currently under isolation. The High Priestess placed a Holy Barrier around her room so that she could intake a pure, clean, and holy environment for a faster recovery. "

Gerwitz left out the fact that Euphemia, on top of the fact she already lost her memories before, she lost them once more. That she is now totally void of any emotions towards them.

Mikhail clenched his jaws and did not pursue further. With that, he finished his business in Crestbreeze and headed off. 

Perseus anxiously awaited his father's return for the news. He prayed ever since he heard of the letter to the Gods of Empyrean that it was all just a misunderstanding. The dark enchantment that was placed on the Imperial Family from the moment Euphemia awoke has been unstable.

The presence of the Tempest increased and pushed Astorazel to take a detour with his plans.

Storming inside the palace, Mikhail strode to his office where his family awaited him, including Rhosyn.

"W-what happened?? How is she???" Reyna pressed.

"...She's alive but she only came back yesterday. It means that before that she truly passed away." 

Reyna sighed of relief and worry, tears flowed out of her eyes as she imagined that she lost her daughter and it was just that the Gods gave her a second chance to live once more. Negative thoughts flooded her mind of how she failed as a mother.

Weight lifted off of Lorcan's shoulders as he breathed out. 'As long as he's still alive, I can take everything else.'

Leandré walked out of the room and wandered to the garden full of flowers that Euphemia loved, he sat down on the floor and thanked the Gods.

Consoling his mother, Aries felt that he could finally breathe. It was as if he was drowning underwater until now. 'Calm down..she's alive..she's alive..she's alive..'

Perseus' grip tightened on the ring that was tied around his neck. 'Sister..Thank God...'

-Euphemia's POV-

I fluttered my eyes open, the bright sun was shining down on my face.. which woke me up. 

"Hnnggggahhh, Good morning you two." I said to Siva and Styrmir.

"Good morning, Tempest Euphemia." Siva greeted.

"Good morning~" Styrmir yawned.

I see that the barrier is still in effect. Aine was on the side preparing tea, "Good morning Aine".

"Oh my, you are finally awake. It's been 15 hours, I'm sure you are starving that is why I prepared these in advance." she placed down a bowl of rice, miso soup, some side dishes, and pickles.

I taught her how to make miso soup and she makes them flawlessly. I thanked her and ate my breakfast. A little while later, the high priestess visited and checked my body constitution. After she checked that I was fine, she disabled the barrier and allowed me to go out of the room.

"You missed the end-of-semester party and the semestral vacation." Mara pouted as she lay down on my lap while we ate our food. 

"That's fine, although I wished I attended the party, I really didn't want to go back to the palace for the semestral vacation anyways." 

"Oh, that reminds me. Our Academy's Foundation day is coming up next week. Ah~ I'm excited, now I don't have anything to worry about since Euphie-chan is here." Ryza squealed.

Crestbreeze's Foundation Day is basically a cultural festival where we open the school gates to anyone while we accommodate them. Instead of just classrooms, the whole entire floor and all the students that are on that floor will turn it into something creative.

Not to mention our sports activities. There will also be performances to entertain the guests that will be coming from the special performing arts classes. Of course, ours included. 

We, the student council already planned it out five months ago. The theme outfit for everyone, in a nutshell, is the traditional Neredas Kingdom clothes. Neredas Kingdom has traditional clothes that are a mix of all east Asian country's traditional clothes.

"Don't forget about Le Concours du Grand Prisme that will be held in the next month and a half as well as the Tournament." Basil chirped.

"Don't worry, I don't think we'd ever forget about that. I knew being part of the Student Council would be hard and that being part of the Swordsmanship club would make it even harder. Add us being Idols into that, our brains might just explode."

Le Concours du Grand Prisme is a sub competition for Idols and dancers. Where there will be a group, solo for both Idol and Dance categories. There will be one per Academy but since this is only a sub-competition since the main focus would be the Tournament.  

Only the best and most talented in the Academy would be able to compete in the Tournament and again, it's a fight against other Academies. This would be a very hectic Semester...