Chapter 38

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

I-Is this really hard?? 

I was already at the last question and I just used up 10 minutes. That's already with me forcefully slowing my pace. Once I wrote my answer for the last question, my chair glowed a faint color of green. 

"Oh, you are already done???" The moderator asked me, confused.

"How..did you know?" 

"When your seat glows, it means you have finished." She explained, I nodded my head and got up and gave her my paper.

"You may proceed to the waiting room or to the final part of the competition." She said and slipped my paper into the slot where the papers would be checked manually and by magic.

I strolled out of the room and roamed around in the waiting room. I plan on waiting for Sir Albercht for 30 minutes and if he doesn't arrive, I will proceed to the final part. After five minutes I heard the door open, I peeked to see if it was Sir Albercht but it was a different person.

It was one of the guys that was surrounded by noble women when I visited Whitfield Academy. He has silver platinum hair and blood red eyes. He stopped and squinted his eyes at me then glanced at me coldly, he proceeded inside the final part venue.

I sighed, I got up and proceeded as well inside. It was like a simulated arena, there was a dome in the middle. Unlike the one in Crestbreeze, you could see what was happening inside though you cannot hear what's happening on our side.

Apparently you can at the other though. The final part doesn't start until an hour it stated at  the front so why even bother telling us to proceed here as well?? When I was about to step out, there was a barrier.

"What?" I scrunched my eyebrows.

Then a green band on my wrist showed up and it said 8. Oh...that's why. So  its some sort of indication of what number I will be entering ..*sigh* got it. I sat down far at the opposite side of the guy from earlier and after much waiting another person finally entered.

"Euphie-sama, I knew you'd already be here." Sir Albercht smiled then a green band appeared on his wrist.

"What is- oh, hm..well it's fine." He said while looking at his green band. He had the number 6 on his band.

I laughed a bit but then I felt someone staring at me, it was the male representative of the Whytemoon Academy. He had an expression that was a mixture of slight confusion and ..interest? 

He kept staring at me, not even breaking eye contact. What was weird is that I didn't feel uncomfortable being under his stare but intrigued. Why is he staring at me so intently? There was nothing even in my face.

Definitely not makeup since I only wore a lip balm today. Wearing make up often isn't that good for the skin and I have a strict facial routine.

When I tipped my head to the side he finally turned away. We had to wait until the enough amount of students arrive.

*BUZZ*

The buzzer rung and the first representative came forward, there were a total of 10 representatives here since only the five major academies were in attendance. It was a male, he entered the dome then the goal flashed above.

Capture without harming the monster, scratches are deductions. Then the monster spawned, I felt sick to my stomach my eyes were blacking out.

"We are not supposed to scratch that??? It's a red eyed Blooming Spider, it's the most aggressive kind! It's nearly as huge as the whole freaking dome!" One complained.

"Euphie-sama, whatever happens, please don't push yourself. D-do you still want to continue??? Everyone in the Academy would understand if-" 

"I-I..I'll m-manage...let me rest f-for now.." I croaked and walked to a corner, away from the other representatives. I closed my ears and started counting up to twenty then down back to zero. I needed something to squeeze, something..anything. 

I was holding my hands together, I was glad my nails were trimmed because if not my hand would probably be bleeding. I closed my eyes and focused on positive thoughts.

I felt a pair of hands covering my own. I opened my eyes and it was the male representative of Whytemoon Academy.

He untangled my fingers and held it. He let me squeeze his hands over and over again. I did my best not to dig my nails since he was already doing me a big favor by lending his hands. But then his number was called.

He stared at me for a moment and I nodded my head to show that it was fine, "T-..Thank you" I bowed and  manage to say. I walked away first to not make it look awkward. I was just glad that no one was looking our way.

I went back to Sir Albercht, he gave me his necktie and allowed my to wrap it on my hand. I clutched my fist and it didn't hurt. I could look at the Whytemoon male representative fight the Blooming Spider but it didn't even took him 3 minutes to finish.

Whereas, the others took more than 30 minutes. When the second stage started, 20 Wendigo looking monsters spawned. The Goal was to remove the monster core in less than 15 minutes. He is really powerful, he used only two attributes, Fire and Illusion.

He tricked them into thinking that they were fine but they were already in flames. He has excellent level Fire magic to be able to use white colored fire. The flames burnt a hole through and the monster core just cleanly came out.

These weren't just any low leveled monster, they were medium ranked - high ranked. If this was a quest, it would be an B-class mission.

The next and final stage was a relative of the Sckulraspe, it was called Sckulreech. The Goal was to kill it as fast as possible because these regenerate. 10 of them spawned in the middle, he was able to kill all of them quickly.

2 minutes, His powers were no joke. 

To be Continued . . .