Chapter 53

"Brother Seisyll! So..d-did they accept it yet?" I eagerly asked Brother Seisyll.

"..*sigh* Unfortunately not."

"My word! This is the fifteenth time I've sent a letter to break my engagement and yet they still won't budge?!" I said, irritated.

"It's alright, Euphie. Are you sure you don't want me and Father to go and confront them about it?" Brother Seisyll worried.

"..*sigh* It's fine, I'll just send five more.."

It's been roughly around two years since I've awoken and regained my memories as Rheanna. Currently, we are on spring break so I am at the Crestbreeze Estate. The day after the 25th Foundation Day of Crestbreeze, a sudden declaration of the Le Concours du Grand Prisme, as well as the Tournament, were canceled. 

It was never disclosed to us as to what the reason was but ever since then it never happened. I still continued my Idol career as Iris but it was mistaken by the media that I was a replacement for Euphemia, which is still me they just didn't know. Neither did I bother clearing it up, plus the girls had a good laugh talking about it.

What caught my eyes were the group of men that always attend the Foundation day of Crestbreeze since the 25th one, though they tried hiding it, they were certainly extraordinary humans. With divine blessing that of par or even maybe higher than the High Priestess herself.

Styrmir and Siva freely fly around me disguised as normal fairies which wasn't a bother to Pops. Yes, though unofficially since we couldn't change my last name, the emperor allowed Gerwitz to take care of me as a foster daughter. 

That was the last time I saw the Emperor,

In front of me was my father..well I think he is. Gerwitz explained to me that he was my father since I don't remember him. He stared at me with cold eyes and disgust. I know that they've been inflicted with Black magic but it still bothers me seeing him looking at me this way.

But it irritates me more since that meant that Astorazel was able to step on the Land I looked after. I changed my appearance temporarily, I can't retain my look for anymore longer than 2 hours since my Divine Magic doesn't allow me to.

"I'll cut to the chase, I'm permitting you to adopt her as your Foster Daughter. Here are the legal documents, don't ask me anything more. Leave."

And just like that, we walked out of his office. Gerwitz stared at me with both pity and joy, "I can finally adopt you!" He crushed me in an embrace.

"R-read the clauses alright, Pops?" I grinned, a little our of breath since he's restricting the oxygen to pass through my lungs with his burly arms.

"Of course, my daughter." He laughed.

That was two years ago, and those two years were anything but normal.

"Brother Seisyll, can you please tell Mommy and Pops that I'm going to my Temple when you see them? Also please send my regards to the twins that I can't join them today." I asked him.

"Of course, are Siva and Styrmir with you?" 

"Mhm, Thank you! Love you lots!" I bid him.

I had to confess everything to Gerwitz, Emeline, and Seisyll. It was because Styrmir had a big mouth and when he forgot to check the area before complaining about how long I've been gone1. It just so happened that Gerwitz came in and it became a mess.

They accepted everything but at first, they were scared of what could happen to me, after all, I did pass away.

The Twins are the children of the late younger sister of Marchioness Emeline. Gerwitz assured her that it was completely fine for him to take them in since after all, they've always come by since they were babies. It was a pity that their mother died though.