Chapter 56

"Why are you in such a dangerous place, Euphemia-sama?!" She whisper yelled.

"Pops allowed me to help out with the miasma problem. The High Priest is too cruel to just leave all of this work to you." I winked.

Obviously, since she is the High Priestess, I cannot hide all of my divine magic from her as it was a blessing bestowed to all divine blessing users to identify fellow divine blessing users.

"*sigh* alas, I could not complain to him about it either. The Holy court agreed to it so I had no choice but to abide by their command." 

" Euphemia-sama, that seems hardly fair. If I remember correctly you were the one who made the holy chronicle that to properly purify a demon, it would at least need two priests." Styrmir said where I could only hear.

"Well to be fair, the only exception would be if the priest has a high divinity blessing. Which is close to impossible since the only ones that would meet the requirement should be those who were the Tempests." Siva added.

Me and the High Priestess agreed that both of us would go separately from the Holy Knights, the knights would evacuate the citizens to a safer place while I take the High Priestess to purify the five close nests that have the highest possibility to clone themselves and even grow much larger.

I will not close all the nest portals since if I do so then their job would turn meaningless so I'll handle the relatively challenging ones.

As we approached the next nest, the high priestess cast a light barrier so we couldn't inhale any miasma, though it doesn't really affect me. I just think that the smell is putrid.

"D-Do you know what that one is called, Euphemia-sama?" She scrunched her nose in disgust as she stared at the goopy, dark, murky, slimy substance in the distance. 

"What is about to emerge is called a Maideon. A Maideon is a demon that feeds on nightmares, they send out small parts of themselves and spread them out to where they can find a vulnerable target and cast a curtain of fear upon its victim. The nightmares can occur be it morning or night. They take the form of whatever shape of the worst nightmare they've fed off."

Then a hand starts to emerge from the goop. 

"Eh nope, get back in there." I stomped on its hand and made it go back inside the nest. 

The High Priestess found it incredibly easier to purify the demons with my help. At this point, if ever there would be a tournament, I would not join them or that'd be unfair to the students that would participate. 

" *sigh* Finally, that was the last one." The High Priestess sighed in relief as we finished closing the fifth nest portal and kneeled on the floor, exhausted.

I smiled and dusted off my clothes, the sun was already about to rise again. 

It was a lengthy process since we had to close off more than we expected. The five was our initial plan then suddenly there were 10 more that expanded where there were citizens near it. the knights she came with did not help with the situation as they kept evacuating them to the wrong areas.

Whoever their captain is, they need to retire.

"Let us get going, High Priestess-" I stopped talking when I felt it.

I immediately cast a barrier around the high priestess and she stared at me confused, 

"Come out." I disparaged.

The soft crunches of the leaves and out came a familiar figure I have seen too many times before. Bright red hair that reaches his thigh, Dark red eyes that contrast his bright hair, the sophisticated poise, his deep voice..I remember every bit of it.