Chapter 55

I pursed my lips as I look at the scene before me, It was exactly what the water sprites told me about. There is a large nest at the border of Freunder Kingdom, somewhere here lies the source of infestation. It meant that there is the Abyssal opening around, the Abyssal opening is a gateway for the demons to crossover from the underworld or what we like to call Hell.

The walls of Freunder kingdom are high, much taller than from other Kingdoms I've been to except for the capital border of Svetlana.

This border had no green land whatsoever, it has been polluted by the miasma and dark energy from the Demons. If I can find where the opening is, the condition of this land would be much greater. 

But this only tells me one thing, something happened to the Vividus Elementum. Terrane would never let the demons in to get through the earth. Divis would do everything he could to keep them out...what the heck happened to them?? They were still alive when I passed..so what?

I was cut off from my train of thought when one of my knight escorts covered me and guided me to the fort.

"Please stay down, Euphie-sama." Baltric, one of the knights asked.

I patted his back and whispered, "Keep the citizens safe, don't prioritize me too much. I'm more than capable to handle myself." 

"But Master said-"

"He said to follow my orders, now go," I ordered them all.

Though hesitant, they nodded their heads and helped the passengers of the ship. I scanned the area to find the High Priestess and she was at the other end of the border. 

'Hiroka' I chanted in my head and my katana appeared on my side.

'Be careful, Euphie-sama. I can sense a Gilvorin.' Styrmir warned.

'A Gilvorin?! ...seems like this is much more than I anticipated. This is quite troublesome, no wonder this place looks this shitty. A Gilvorin pretty much pukes miasma.' I scrunched my brows and frowned.

Gilvorins are a dark murky purple-skinned demon, that has a tiny head compared to their humongous body. They are a whopping 30 feet tall in height, to make up for their heads, they have eight large arms and a large creepy and disgusting mouth on their abdomen.

Basically, their whole gut is a mouth. If I were to rank it among the demons, it would be a class B. What I hate about it is that the miasma comes out through its mouth, what I hate the most is that its core is also in its mouth, specifically its uvula which is usually hard to find because it's the size of a marble.

-Third Person's POV-

Euphemia first fought without using her magic, but with her brute strength using Hiroka. She sliced through the minor demons that were on her way.

"Hey, kid! get back to the fort!" One of the Knights worried and rushed towards her. Not noticing the incoming Wyvern that was about to attack him. One moment the knight saw Euphemia and then the next she was gone. She was already behind him with her sword lodged through the head of the Wyvern.

"Just watch your back, Sir Knight." Is what she said before leaving.

Wanting to get things over with, she enchanted a spell on her katana to imbued lightning properties into it. Now every time she cut through a demon, a lightning wave will head straight for their core. Unless the demon has thick walls around their core, they'd die within that cut.

Noticing that the demons were just increasing, she had no choice but to use her magic. Without the use of chanting, earth puppets arose and had weapons made of refined stone and iron. The earth puppets spilt into teams and some grew much larger than the demons themselves.

Siva and Styrmir weren't allowed to show themselves instead watched the back of Euphemia, ready to retaliate and protect her from anything that would intercept her. Only if it weren't heard by her ears.

Euphemia helped out knights who were being pushed back and secretly healing them as well as boosting their stamina in the process. 

Whatever Aine did to secure the hood onto her head worked. It never slipped off and by how fast she moved, no one got a proper glance at her face nor hair. She was able to place a miasma resistance spell among the people within her radius of sight.

"I got you, don't worry." She reassured the knight she managed to lift and drag afar from one of the bigger demons who was about to eat him.

While twirling her katana, she slammed it down on the ground. A flash of light shined then a mixture of water and lighting sprouted up and entangled the demons that were standing on land, crushing them into pieces inside and out. All that was left were their cores, meanwhile, the flying demons weren't safe from her either.

Imagery magic made them confused and see differently compared to what was happening, they started attacking one another, confusing each other for a human. This gave her time to sprint towards the opening, as much as possible she wanted to get what she wanted to do done immediately since there were more she hasn't found yet.

There she saw the High Priestess, the same priestess who assisted in her awakening along with fifteen holy knights. They were able to subdue the Gilvorin but to her observation, won't last long.

"Creation Magic: Titanium net trap." She chanted.

A slab of metal blocks circled around the Gilvorin, then suddenly titanium netting sprang out from their containers, wrapped around and pressed down the Gilvorin. Surprised, the High priestess turned around to see a cloaked woman.

It wasn't anything they'd seen before, it was one of the famous modern war technology in Echanteon that was infused with divine magic and weakening, and toxic acid attributes.

She stood right in front of the Gilvorin who was seemingly afraid of her, they were afraid because, at this point, she released her divine aura only to the demon who was on the verge of dying just by its presence alone. After all, it was just a rank B.  The net then suddenly molded to a different shape, it clamped open the demon's mouth by force. The Gilvorin tried retaliating by spouting out miasma but was futile when Siva and Styrmir were there to push it back in.

The Holy Knights and Holy Priestess stood there in shock to see her just extend her arm to grab the core with her bare hands and crush it as if it was nothing.

The rank of demons goes from F to triple S, any S ranked demon is what one should be wary of since those are the trickier ones to defeat. 

As the Gilvorin's core turned into dust, the other minor demons panicked and attempted to run away. The Holy Knights fought them until they too perished till they were no more than dust.

"It's been a while, High Priestess-sama. How've had things been holding up?" The woman in the cloak revealed her face slightly to the High Priestess.

"*gasp* I knew it would have been you..why are you in such a dangerous place, Euphemia-sama?" She whispered to her.

To be Continued . . .