The tree house

Noah's: POV

I was in the woods playing. I had asked dad before if it was okay. After a while I came to a stream and saw a severed rope. I took a deep breath and jumped over the stream. It was very close that I ended up in the water. A path led to a tree house. I climbed the ladder and walked in. I saw a lot of drawings on the walls. I also a found a diary.

Dear diary: Mom told me that her boyfriend is going to celebrate Christmas with us

Dear diary: Mom told me that her boyfriend is going to celebrate Christmas with us. I don't like him, no one can replace my dad. We started arguing. I screamed that I hated Christmas and ran away from home. I'll visit my tree house, the only place where I can be alone. Your friend Vera.

I closed the diary and sighed. I felt bad how I had treated Oliver. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I saw Vera. "Vera, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to read it." I said. "It's okay." she replied. "Can I ask you something?" I asked. "Sure." she said. "How did you die?" I asked. "You saw the broken rope on the way here." said Vera and I gasped. "The rope snapped and I fell. I hit my head on a rock and drowned." she said. "I'm so sorry." I replied. "It's okay." said Vera. I hugged her and she started crying. "I didn't mean it, I was so mad." she said. "It's okay Vera." I replied.

***

I went back home and papa met me in the hallway. "Did you had fun?" he asked and I nodded my head. "Are you okay?" he asked worried. "I'm so glad you're my papa." I said and hugged him. "I'm so glad you're my son." replied Oliver.

This chapter remind me so much of the movie Bridge to Terabithia.

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~