Peripheral | Armin x (Male) (Anorexic) Reader

Prompt- Reader and Armin are dating and Armin notices somethings off

⚠️TW⚠️- eating disorder (anorexia), and slight body dysmorphia

I hate that I have to say it but because this is an LGBT ship NO HATE WILL BE TOLERATED

also, I'm very proud of myself, this one is over 1,300 words

FOR ANYONE STRUGGLING-
I love you very much. ik it probably doesn't mean much from a random person on the internet but I promise I know what you're going through and I promise I'm always here to talk if you want. so, if you haven't, drink some water, grab a snack, take your meds -if you take any- and take a deep breath. I believe in you. <3

________________________________

Armin always got the feeling he was missing something. At nearly a constant level, he felt as though something was always just out of his peripheral - a constant annoyance to be unable to determine what it was. He had tried everything from check-lists to mediation but he still felt that urge. The constant look closer that loomed over his every thought. He did his best to grow used to it, deciding to focus on you and what was happening at the time. It never worked. So, Armin did his best to ignore it. He spent time with you as usual and laughed with friends. Yet the more he ignored it the louder it seemed to be. Finally, one hot summer night, he felt a thread in his mind and pulled it.

"Y/n," He asked suddenly, sitting next to you in bed and reading before the abrupt disruption.

"Yes?"

"How come you don't come to eat with me much? I was thinking about it and every time I ask you give me an excuse."

"Because, silly, I have strange eating patterns."

"Hmm," Armin mumbled. "Well, Connie, Sasha, and Jean invited us to breakfast tomorrow. What 'dya say?"

"I'm not sure... I mean I suppose it sounds fun."

"Great." Armin smiled, once again not noticing that after he turned away you wore a look of horror- the one that always loomed just past his peripheral.

Morning came quicker than you wished, you slowly got dressed and left with Armin, meeting the three for breakfast as planned. The waiter came and took everyone's orders before leaving a small appetizer for your group to snack on. You watched as everyone took pieces here and there, you opting to keep your hands to yourself and sip water.

"Try it Y/n, it's good." Jean encouraged, pushing the small plate towards you.

"Oh, no thanks... I'm uh- trying to save up for the main meal." You smiled, internally cringing at your terrible excuse.

"Suit yourself." he shrugged while continuing to pick at the food.

Armin lightly frowned, letting it go and continuing to chat. The meal came shortly after, you automatically excusing yourself to go to the bathroom as soon as the waiter arrived.

In the bathroom you took deep breaths, splashing water on your face and deciding to play off the paleness as sickness instead of dread. By the time you got back to the table everyone, excluding Sasha, was halfway done. The latter had finished her plate quickly.

"Everything okay?" Armin asked softly, turning to you with doe eyes.

"Yeah, just a little sick I think," you reassured him. "Sasha, want mine?"

"Of course! But, aren't you hungry?" She paused her greed to look questioningly between you and Armin.

"Nah, I think I just need to sleep it off." You shrugged.

"Here Sasha, you have it. Y/n and I are gonna head home." Armin said, standing up and pulling you along. "Bye!" he called, still practically dragging you out the door.

He didn't say a word on the way to the car and even a few seconds when you were both inside the vehicle nothing could be heard but light breathing.

"What's up with you?" he asked almost exasperatedly.

"What do you mean? I think it's just allergies or-"

"That's not what I mean." he snapped. "Why, in our months of dating, have I never seen you eat more than half a burger in front of me?! We're together constantly yet the more I think about it the more I notice that you avoid things like this. Cut the bullshit, I know you're not sick. I saw you get pale when the waiter brought the food and I saw you relax when Sasha offered to eat your meal. I'm not stupid Y/n."

"I never said that yo-"

"But you make me feel it! God how could I not have noticed this sooner. I'm your boyfriend for fucks sake! Why did you tell me? Why do you do this to yourself?" Armin's voice quieted to a soft plea with the final sentence, tears watering in both you and Armin's eyes. "We'll talk about this when we get home," he said before starting the car and driving.

The drive was quiet, even when you turned the radio on it felt as though the awkwardness refused to ease up. When the two of you finally got home Armin went straight to the bedroom, you slowly following behind him.

"I'm sorry," you murmured, Armins back to you.

"I'm the one that should be sorry. We're dating yet I didn't notice. How could I not have noticed? And to make things worse I yelled at you."

"It's not that simple, I-" Armin turned around, tears falling down his cheeks.

"It is that simple. I'm in love with you yet I didn't notice or help you..." he trailed off, his fingers holding the bottom of your shirt. Your hands immediately cupped his, holding the fabric down. "Please," he begged softly, "let me help you." with a sigh you let go of his hands, allowing him to pull the fabric up and expose your flattening stomach that lead to your semi-visible ribs and flat chest.

"It's not much yet, I-"

"Stop." he cut you off softly yet firmly, leaving no room for arguing. "This is more than enough. I don't want you to do this to yourself. I don't want you to starve yourself like this any longer. I don't want to have to worry about your health. I don't want you to suffer anymore Y/n. I love you the way you are, I love you Y/n." You sniffled as Armin watched your face for your reaction."

"I-I heard a bunch of girls talking. I just thought t-that you'd like me better if I was more feminine. Skinnier and all."

"Y/n, baby, size has nothing to do with gender, and plus, I'm gay, I'm with you and the fact that you're a man. I don't want you to change that aspect for anyone other than yourself. I fell in love with you. I know you're a man and I fully accept that. I don't want a girl, Y/n. I want you. All of you. Every inch of curve and drop of love you have to give. All of you."

Tears fell down your face, "Really?"

"Yes." He responded immediately, "All of you. Please, give me the honor of loving you." He pleaded, "Give me the honor to worship every aspect of you. A healthy, happy you."

"I-It's not that simple I-"

"I know." he admitted, "But if you'll let me, I'll be here every step of the way. I'm here for you. I promise."

You nodded your head weakly as he wrapped you in his arms, cooing and comforting you for the rest of the night while silently making a vow to do everything in his power to help you.

a/n- hello everyone and happy season 4 part two! (though I am a day late... oops)

❗️Important❗️-
I have been considering a new book and I think I have come to the conclusion of an anime oneshot book. though it probably won't be out and ready for a while, I wish to know your thoughts. more info will come out sooner to release detailing how it will work but do not fear, this book will continue and all aot one-shots will be here and not between the two

What is your favorite biome?
[I personally like snowy forests]

This was a request by Todoroki_Simp08

how are you darling?