Propose II

Outside on the beach, Sapphire is teaching her class near the water

Sapphire : Alright, class...

Steven : *running over* Sapphire!

Sapphire : Steven, right on time.

Steven : Sapphire! I'm sorry to interrupt your class! Ruby says I should propose to Connie, but she said to check in with you and your future vision.

Sapphire : I understand. Let's run the numbers, shall we? *walks closer to the sand, where Steven follows* Alright class, using the concepts we've reviewed so far, we're gonna calculate the probability of Steven's proposal to Connie succeeding. *draws in the sand* Let's start with the probability of she will be willing to spend her life with someone. Then we'll multiply that by your differential factor of sociocultural marriage acceptance, which is then multiplied by the happiness potential of your cohabitation, multiplied by the factor for fear of engagement, multiplied by the intensity of the reciprocal love for each other, and finally, multiplied by the robustness of your life plans. *to Steven* Are you following so far?

Steven looks back at the sand, seeing complicated mathematical equations in the sand

Steven : N-N-No?

The tide comes in and washes away the equations in the sand

Steven : Oh no! Sapphire, your work!

Sapphire : And there we have it. *chuckles* Do you understand, Steven? My marriage with Ruby, our fusion as Garnet, eluded my future vision, defied every odd, and changed the course of time!

Since day one Sapphire was a gem that foretold everything ahead, and had all her life planned out but it was Ruby that interfered with her vision that changed everything

Sapphire : We can write equations in the sand all day, but a wave of chance can just come crashing in and wash it all away. Love-it's unquantifiable! Even with my clairvoyance, I know better than anyone that true love makes the impossible...possible! Do it, Steven. Do it! Do it! Do it!

Steven : Yeah. Yeah! *to the class* Alright, friends! Take a good look at this guy while you can, cause today may be his last day as Steven Quartz Cutie Pie DeMayo Diamond Universe!

Class cheers

Steven : Alright then, thanks for the advice Sapphire! I'm gonna go now! I've got a prposal to do!

Steven runs off to his house, already thinkng about his date

He runs past Otar who curiously looked at him as Steven says "Hi Otar"

Otar : Huh? H-hi *he said as Steven keeps running to his home*

Otar stared in his direction for a while before reuming his walk

He then meets with Sapphire and her class

Sapphire : Otar! It's a lucky coincidence that you're here!

Otar : Ah? Oh yeah. Heard about your timeline lessons, kinda wanted to see what you know yourself. Plus Peridot does some new invention at the moment so until she calls I thought why not.

Sapphire : Really? *chuckles* Well we'll head to her after this calls is over so sit down if you want.

Otar : That'd be good. *He sits down* Ah by the way, Steven looked a bit excited... did something good happen?

Sapphire : *smiling* You can say that. He wants to ask Connie out adn I just gave him a little advice.

Otar : *blinks* A date? Really wait I thought they already had that...or ah no, that was more of a party crashing... But Oh well I sure hope neither of them blow it.

Sapphire : I'm sure Steven can handle it.

Outide the Beach House

He thought of a plan to have Connie come over and have a picnic together.

A nice little lunch date. What could possibly go wrong?

He had to mdmit hoever that it was easier said than done in his head, as only when he begins to actually plan the date that he gets more nervous and more anxious. And he tries to unnecessarily step up his game

'We're not kids anymore so we can't just eat jam and paly guitar... at least not in our typical fashion'

Haviong watched some romance based movies before he gets some good ideas what to do luckily

'Of course! She deserves flowers! A serenade and absolutely the best JAM possible!'

Steven begins humming, picking up a cake that says "Together Forever" from Spacetries.

He then buys flowers from Crazy Lace Agate.

In his room, he twists Connie's Glow Bracelet to reignite it, packs the cake into a picnic basket, then dresses in a blazer and dress shirt in the mirror.

In the Connie's Room at the Maheswaran Residence

Connie : *hears a roar outside her room* Huh? *walks over and opens her window looking down, seeing Steven and Lion*

Steven : Hey, Connie! How you doin'?

Connie : Steven? What are you doing here?

Steven : You're gonna have a fifteen-minute break in...two minutes, right?

Connie : *checks her phone* Whoa! Spot on.

Steven : Connie, let's go for a walk. I'm sure you could use some fresh air.

Connie : I would love to! But um...

Steven : No, no, no! Don't worry! We'll go with Lion, and I promise you'll be back in fifteen minutes!

Connie : Okay! Let's do this!

Outside the Beach.

Steven and Connie are walking near the water

Steven : Anyway you remember the first time we met?

Connie : You mean when you were trying to ride your bike on the sand, and you ran away screaming?

Steven : *laughing* Exactly! I was trying everything to get your attention!

Connie : *laughing* I'm pretty sure I was totally focused on my book and didn't see anything!

Steven : Well, that all happened right here!

Steven gestures to a picnic, at the exact same spot where they both met years ago.

When they arrived at the spot, she's blown away

Connie : *surprised* Steven! This is... oh gosh I didn't know you're gonna do all of this for me!

Steven : Is it too much?! Well we can crank it down a notch!

Connie : *blushing* No no no. I like it. This is so cute.

Steven : Anything for my girlfriend.