Invention II

Peridot - Here it is!

Peridot finally came back with the necessary power source... a gem artifact, palm-sized, spiky cluster of pink and blue crystals, encased partially in a chunk of ice-like crystal. The Crystal Gems retrieved it from a shallow well found deep within the Ice Cavern.

Otar - The shooting star! Hah all it took was half an hour. That's fast!

Peridot - Well I do try to dangerous artifacts in a good old temple

Otar - Ah so you took it here? That's relieving

Leah - So what's the fuzz all about here?

Leah, the fellow homeschool gem joined the fray

Otar - Everyone jsut gather around and look at the spectacle I guess. Okay tlet's go then!

He stretches his arm at the shooting star just as Perdot screaemd out "Wha- HEY WAIT! YOU CLOD DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

But it's too late as his hand came into contact with the gem artifact, the next few seconds it heats up as his skin began to ache and burn, painfully tingling. It's so hot as it was freezing him.

He did clench his teeth a bit but he did't scream loudly as he placed the artifact into it's designed place at the door generator.

Once he let go, the toher gems felt relief

Peridot yells out "ARE YOU DUMB IN THE HEAD?!"

Otar - I know I know! Relax!

Peridot - Don't tell to relax! Who told you to take it with your bare hands!?

Otar's hand slowly reconstructed itself... much to everyone's surprise

Leah - Wait wha what was that just now?

Otar - I'm used to taking up heated stuff, I'm quite experienced. 'Plus a metal arm' And I am aware of this thing, Pearl already elaborated on it being so hot that "bare skin cannot endure its intensity. It's good I didn't clench my palm, a slight pressure and it'd be big boom.

Glass Pearl *looking at Moonstone* - Can all the humans do that?

Moonstone - I don't know.

Otar - No they can't and please don't make anyone try it.

"Hey guys!"

They all turned to see Jamie coming back with both Garnet and Stevonnie

Otar - You came just in time, and look at that Stevonnie is with you. How did it go?

Stevonnie - O-oh well it went...good

Jamie - Just another day wtih antoher rouge gem.

otar - Ouh antoher fight?

The three ddin't answer, confirming his suspicions

otar - Okaaay...maybe we'll talk later . Let's start!

Otar then goes to the control panel as he turns on the switches, trying to make it work

It turns on while taking energy from the the shooting star

Peridot - *whispering* Ahem sorry have you forgotten something?

Otar - Give me a moment please.

The door finally operates. Time has come to see if it functions properly.

Otar walks close as he pushes it open and walks in

Otar - Haah interesting so it did work.

"WOHOW HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Half of those gathered jumped at the sudden yell

"Sorry for the unexpected visit. But I did warn you"

"Wait this was what you meant when yo gave me that round track beacon?!"

Otar comes out with a space pirate Captain Lars and his off colors in suit.

Stevonnie - LARS!

Stevonnie approaches and hugs Lars

"Whoa hey there! Happy to see you too"

Leah - Wow so you made a gateway from here to the far off space sector? That's so cool

Leah ran right in, along with many other gems who got interested, inside the doorway to find themselves on the space ship in opne space

Glass Pearl - Fascinating! I've been in warp pads but this is something else!

Peridot then looks at Otar offended "So you got what you wanted but didn't get me what I wanted huh?"

Otar - Why not? Just watch.

He approaches Lars "Mister captain have you got what I asked for?"

"Ha ha very funny... but yeah I got it. Here"

Lars took out a familiar object from his pockets. Never guess what.

Garnet narrows her "I-is that?"

Otar turns it on as it strtches out with bright white and pink energy emitting from it, making it look like a scythe.

Peridot - Ouh yes, the rejuvenator!

Rhodonite, one of the off colors hidden behind Jamie as she saw that thing

Jamie feels a sense of deja vu, not sure if it's from both Rhodonite's behavior and the rejuvinator 'She is quite jupy and shy that's for sure'

Stevonnie - Lars , w-why do you have that?

Lars - Ask mister tracker over here.

Rhodonite - He asked to bring it here.

Rutile twins - Didn't want to disturb the diamonds by asking it.

Flourite - And. He asked us. To find it for him.

Otar - Yeah was kind of lazy.

Lars - Don't say it like it's no big deal.

Peridot - Don't worry anyone. It's not for rejuvenation. I just need it for this?

She lifts her hand with some strange metalic capsule with a grey display of digits for four or five digits.

Otar throws it at her, deativates the rejuvenator as she stops it with her telekinetic power

Peridot "Careful!"

Otar "Yeaaah sorry. I'm too quick sometimes"

Volley - Uhm everyone I was watching this who time you know and... is this a scientific session that no one told me about?

Otar & Peridot " SURPRISE!"

Garnet "..."

Peridot - Let's cut to the chase now. Here!

She places the gem scythe in the capsule hold, she then brings about all other equipment

Lapis : Hey everyone!

Lapis flies down to the floor alongside her student Nice Lapis, the one with gold freckles

Stevonnie - H-hey Lapis.

Lapis - Hey Stevonnie! We came here when I saw some strange stuff flying around and all the talking

Jamie : Hey there Freckles

Nice Lapis blushes a bit at his words althoguh a bit confused "Ouh uh msorry but what did you say?"

Jamie "Sorry if it souns awkward but it's kind of difficult calling you all lapis lazulis so I thought the nickname Freckles suits you.

Freckles "Ouh I see! Thank you!"